• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The TBS Buzzword Saga

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
The AIs and CIs love buzzwords. I am trying to compile a list of the most popular buzzwords heard only at this fine institution. My list (off the top of my head) is below. I know this list is timeless, surely even Gen Conway heard some of the same when he went through. Please add to my list if you remember some good ones.

1. thousand year old mind
  2. you trackin?
  3. check?
  4. deciduous
  5. cariferous
  6. waitin on word
  7. give 'em one
  8. are we up?
  9. all up in their OODA loop
  10. words have meaning
:eek:

By the way, to qualify for this list, it must be a word or phrase that you heard ad nauseum and never want to hear again unless in a joke.

chupacabra

pilot
Contributor
There are plenty, but the single most repeated has got to be the generic answer to any question that the instructor doesline not have the answer to or doesn't want to take the time to explain:

"It's METT-T dependent"

cisforsmasher

pilot
My SPC was a back country guy from Appalachia (absolute maniac of an infantryman/ prior sniper) so we heard a lot of "that dog wont hunt" and "now we're cooking with gas." His only greeting on the phone was "hunter of gunmen, leader of Marines" I was in his office one day getting counseled for something or the other when the phone rang. "Oh its my wife... Hunter of gunmen, leader of Marines.... hey honey, how are you doing...."

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Knats ass detail
Ass-bleading detail
Chow is continous
on deck time
firewatch
grown-ass men and women
what now Lt?
human factors
comfort based decision
quantico like terrain
centrailion (sp?)
300 lbs brain
I was born at night, but not last night...
...like putting lip stick on a pig or polishing a turd

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Last plane on deck"

My personal favorite...when SDO in the RR.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
you trackin?
This, its bastard cousin "everybody trackin' with that," and "so to speak," need to get beaten out of the staff at FASOTRAGRUPAC San Diego . . . :icon_tong

Prowler NATOPS Brief buzz phrases:
"big ticket items like engine fires . . ."
"unless we hit something hard, deep or wet"
"chugs, bangs, or stalls"
"Non-standard RAG Standard crew"

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
Keep 'em coming!

Some more:
"What's the scheme of maneuver?"
"Not to insult your intelligence...but"
"On your person"

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
This, its bastard cousin "everybody trackin' with that," and "so to speak," need to get beaten out of the staff at FASOTRAGRUPAC

As a FASOTRAGRULANT bubba, I hereby attest that the aforementioned is "on target"...so to speak. Next slide...get me the metric