• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Pretty sure the explanation is legit. The wind on Thursday was beyond ridiculous, most of the runways at DFW were unusable. Five N-S parallels and two secondary NW-SE diagonals, the crosswind on those parallels was out of limits for a lot of airplanes. That badly limits the throughput. (The wind in Houston was almost as bad, FWIW, and the airport layout is similar, but I think DFW has more takeoffs and landings.) That was the first domino to start knocking over the others.

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pretty sure the explanation is legit. The wind on Thursday was beyond ridiculous, most of the runways at DFW were unusable. Five N-S parallels and two secondary NW-SE diagonals, the crosswind on those parallels was out of limits for a lot of airplanes. That badly limits the throughput. (The wind in Houston was almost as bad, FWIW, and the airport layout is similar, but I think DFW has more takeoffs and landings.) That was the first domino to start knocking over the others.
Would HW have answered his own question if he had actually read the story he posted?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You can spin this multiple ways, but that is an awesome response from the "cat mom." And I say that as someone married to a crazy "dog mom."

"Yes, I get it, the dog is a crazy person, but that doesn't mean the airlines are going to accept that as a defense when he's in your lap and trying to show everyone how cute he is*."

*Disclaimer: he's totally cute.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
So Fauci wants masks a permanent part of 121 passenger travel, enforced by TSA at airport entry. Also Vax mandates for crew members and pax coming from DOT and FAA.

Crazy. Just like the TSA and response to 9/11, we will have a heap of regs affecting industry and air travel that will never disappear - this bell will never get "unrung".