• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
yeah, I get FAA requirements - what I'm asking is more along the lines of "does simulator motion enhance training?"
Yes, it enhances more than it detracts, much more. I ought to have stated that more clearly.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
On the other side of the spectrum, the 2018 update to Part 61 Instrument Currency, allows use of a certified AATD to maintain or regain instrument currency without needing a CFII present. I purchased a used nearly obsolete fixed base AATD for my club, updated it with new PC hardware, recertified it with FSDO, and boom - a zero cost option for my members to stay legal (not neccessarily proficient) as far as instrument currency!!!

View attachment 31969
Any plans to turn out the room lights, play thunderstorm sound effects, and aim a bucket of water at their windshield for extra effect?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
BIRD STRIKE!

(simulated)
Man, that reminds me when I was training my lab puppy. I had this frozen dead duck (intact, with all feathers) I kept in our freezer. I would pull it out, throw it across the lawn, and let her retrieve for ~20 min until it would start to thaw out too much, then throw it back in the freezer and try to hide the rot smell from my wife.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
BIRD STRIKE!

(simulated)
When I was instructing in TA-4's in Kingsville, I knew an instructor in T-2's who, when doing a simulator period (before the days of contract sim instructors), played the role of a center controller and gave the stud a caution concerning skydiver activities in the area. The T-2 sims at that time had translucent covers over the canopies and windscreens vice opaque. He then made his way onto the platform surrounding the cockpit, climbed up on the railing and then did a spread-eagle dive onto the windscreen and canopy.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
incompleteinfinitearabianoryx.gif

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I’d probably put Frontier just below #7 and just above #7a….getting “used” by a biker gang that picks you up while hitch-hiking.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was introduced to Alaska Airlines when I was recruiting in the late 80s. Frequnetly had to fly to SEATAC to take nuc candidates up to Banger. Imagine Alaska back when every airline actual gave a crap about service. Alaska was even better.