• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Not an airline guy, but as I sat there in the tube on my flight into ATL right into the middle of that tropical depression this morning, I was glad to know the dudes up front (mainline SJI) are getting paid well and have the training and experience we would expect. Can you imagine if they were an unknown quantity making peanuts? I'd imagine the families of Colgan 3407 would have something to say about that....

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I bought back in May. Looking pretty good!
If you are "speculating" and sell at the right time, good for you. If you are "investing", you will see a pathetic return and may lose money over the long haul and there are no dividends along the way.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Single engine taxi and go easy on the Apu please
No single engine taxis for me. I’ve seen too many pilots forget that one is not running until they pull on the runway.

After I land, it depends upon which way I have to turn during my taxi. We always shut down the right engine first due to the systems the left runs. If I’m light, I’m not able to turn left with the right engine shut down unless I have room for a running start. Not always the case in the gate areas.

Last edited:

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
22b2864d-d6fe-49df-8110-a77b13dfe7a9_text.gif

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
No single engine taxis for me. I’ve seen too many pilots forget that one is not running until they pull on the runway.

After I land, it depends upon which way I have to turn during my taxi. We always shut down the right engine first due to the systems the left runs. If I’m light, I’m not able to turn left with the right engine shut down unless I have room for a running start. Not always the case in the gate areas.

If you taxi just slightly under v1, you never have to worry about having enough smash to make the turn.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
If you taxi just slightly under v1, you never have to worry about having enough smash to make the turn.
I love taxiing in front of SWA.....at the fast walking pace taxi speed prescribed in the AIM....

It's especially fun when you have a whole conga line of SWAs behind you.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
paid by the mile, not by the minute. We'll just ask for the parallel and go around you if we can. Works great lasts long time at places like PHX and LAS.