• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Backing what @ChuckMK23 wrote I can’t add that GA aircraft are selling like crazy. We have two rather dogged out C-182s on KVKX sell in under a week. The guy runs the small flight school there says he has a backlog of “rusty pilots” seeking 10 hours of reintroduction time for insurance and BFR sake. Most people who have an escape pad have it in within a few hundred miles so 120 knots is just fine.

This might be a boon for GA.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Backing what @ChuckMK23 wrote I can’t add that GA aircraft are selling like crazy. We have two rather dogged out C-182s on KVKX sell in under a week. The guy runs the small flight school there says he has a backlog of “rusty pilots” seeking 10 hours of reintroduction time for insurance and BFR sake. Most people who have an escape pad have it in within a few hundred miles so 120 knots is just fine.

This might be a boon for GA.
Had an airline buddy with 3 C172s he operated as a part 91 flight school. Decided it was becoming touch work so put them up for sale. Sold all three to one guy within 3 weeks time. Now can't find a good tail wheel training plane for less than am arm and a leg.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I’m just glad American extended my Executive Platinum status for a year.

The virus is a transient problem for airlines. That it forced businesses to reconsider how they prioritize travel is not.

Passenger numbers will eventually come back, just due to population and economic growth. But the profile and demographics of passengers will change, and the business will have to change with it.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Latest from our open system bid that closed last week:
B757 Captain: Sep 2018 hire
A300 Captain: May 2017 hire

Opening 2 new domiciles
Oakland 767
Anchorage 777
Both new domiciles have lots of open seats for new hires.
get your Apps in and update, update, update..
Been told to expect about 880 new hires in next 18 months

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What are the odds you are going to have two idiotic crazy people, and presumably equally lunatic dog to go along, on an antic that is impossible to get away with. Onesies, sure, but three?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
What are the odds you are going to have two idiotic crazy people, and presumably equally lunatic dog to go along, on an antic that is impossible to get away with. Onesies, sure, but three?
For that city pair I would have said odds are less than average compared to, say, anything with Vegas at either end and/or any major city in south Florida.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot

I wouldn't say the dog was a lunatic. It was just following the crazy Florida people that owned it.

Even among lunatic fringe passenger stories, this is a weird one. The article doesn't really provide any information that indicates what their real or imagined reason was for jumping out.

...clearly extraterrestrial beings might have been involved. Not saying they were, but you can't rule it out. ;)

Last edited:

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I wouldn't say the dog was a lunatic. He was probably just following his owner.

Even among lunatic fringe passenger stories, this is a weird one. The article doesn't really provide any information that indicates what their real or imagined reason was for jumping out.

...clearly extraterrestrial beings might have been involved. Not saying they were, but you can't rule it out. ;)
The guy claimed PTSD and said if he had to sit down he would “freak out.” He went for the door and slide with his dog in hand and oddly enough his girlfriend decided to follow.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The guy claimed PTSD and said if he had to sit down he would “freak out.” He went for the door and slide with his dog in hand and oddly enough his girlfriend decided to follow.
Because flying on an airliner does not require you to sit down.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Typical overdramatic article. Every furloughed pilot is now recalled if they want it, at least until March 31. After that, there will be a few re-furloughed but if the vaccine works out they will be back again really soon. From what our management says, most airlines expect very good summers this year and back to their full pre-COVID flying by spring 2022 at the latest.

But I understand, you don't like The Show.

Just for old times sake...

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Good story and honest reflection of the forces - timing,
Typical overdramatic article. Every furloughed pilot is now recalled if they want it, at least until March 31. After that, there will be a few re-furloughed but if the vaccine works out they will be back again really soon. From what our management says, most airlines expect very good summers this year and back to their full pre-COVID flying by spring 2022 at the latest.

But I understand, you don't like The Show.

Just for old times sake...

If you follow Mover on youtube ( https://www.youtube.com/user/cwlemoine ) he has talked frequently about taking back to back voluntary leave from AA so he can focus on his online activities and writing - which sounds like he's made a lucrative career for himself....

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Pretty wide range of consequences across the industry. Cargo guys have been doing well. Delta and United both reached agreements to avoid furloughs but with concessions especially for junior guys. AA and some others furloughed but those guys are back now with the second bailout. SWA offered paid leaves but eventually threatened to furlough until the second bill passed. I jumped on the opportunity to get paid six figures to not work. In the meantime I can travel and work as a reservist when I want two pay checks.