• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Perpetual MEGA Space Thread

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For the NFO types who ever did air-to-air hops out of NPA . . . look what's happening smack in the middle of the Whiskey area.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did you see the giant offshore center console with the huge Trump 2020 flag? Floridaman's gonna floridaman.
Someone at SpaceX and/or NASA is probably getting their ass chewed for letting that many randos that close. Five bucks says the Crew-1 splashdown is positively swarmed with USCG boats.

Note that as soon as they had Endeavour secured, they started hauling ass towards KNPA.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Someone at SpaceX and/or NASA is probably getting their ass chewed for letting that many randos that close. Five bucks says the Crew-1 splashdown is positively swarmed with USCG boats.

Note that as soon as they had Endeavour secured, they started hauling ass towards KNPA.

Yea, when they put the coordinates out on the broadcast I was thinking 'uhhhh....why would you guys do that?'

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yea, when they put the coordinates out on the broadcast I was thinking 'uhhhh....why would you guys do that?'
They have to NOTAM a TFR and put out NOTMARs anyway, so it’s not like they can classify the splashdown location or something. It’s like when Das Boot pulls into port; at some point you can’t hide the big gray floaty thingy anymore and you have to transition to keeping knuckleheads at a safe distance.

I wonder if they swarm the next one with security or just splash down further offshore where it’s not feasible for the Cletii to show up in their Boston Whalers.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
They have to NOTAM a TFR and put out NOTMARs anyway, so it’s not like they can classify the splashdown location or something. It’s like when Das Boot pulls into port; at some point you can’t hide the big gray floaty thingy anymore and you have to transition to keeping knuckleheads at a safe distance.

I wonder if they swarm the next one with security or just splash down further offshore where it’s not feasible for the Cletii to show up in their Boston Whalers.

I didn't actually look at the notams or NOTMARs too closely to see how much info they put out, but a giant capsule under 4 huge chutes was probably pretty easy to see and get to in any case.

Definitely need much better security for the next splashdown if it's gonna be this close to land.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess this is the tactful, Coast Guard PAO-approved way of saying "yeah, we failed to plan for a bunch of rednecks with boats acting like idiots, but next time we will . . . #FloridaMan."

EedKkBxXYAET0wP

Scimitarze

Automated Member
I don't think an '87 and '45 are going to dissuade people. Might be time to send out some FRCs next time. :eek:

Last edited: