• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The newest Herk?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let me remind the dreamers among us... none of this will ever happen... ever.

taxi1

pilot
Let me remind the dreamers among us... none of this will ever happen... ever.

“There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be attainable. It would mean the atom would have to be shattered at will”. Albert Einstein, 1932.

“I have no doubt that we’ll have nuclear-powered vacuum-cleaners in say, 10 years time”. Alex Lewyt, CEO of a vacuum-cleaner company, 1955.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not sure what you base that on, Brett. SOCOM is buying weaponized Air Tractors, so stupid shit happens all the time...

Just saying.
I base it on experience, but I t’s just an opinion. Nobody can predict with absolute certainty, but that’s what I’m going with. Others may feel differently.

skybert

Skybert
Well that’s that.

Y’all are a lot smarter than me, why not just get the US-2? Hell, get a license and have Lockheed build em

Attachments

• EE77F481-0949-4EC2-80CB-CC512E588422.png
    EE77F481-0949-4EC2-80CB-CC512E588422.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 16

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Well that’s that.

Y’all are a lot smarter than me, why not just get the US-2? Hell, get a license and have Lockheed build em
US-2 is a unique airframe. Develpoment costs would make it unfeasible. LM has had a float equip mod in work for decades - it has been sitting on shelf awaiting final development. This is a short putt for existing J model. Heard USCG is onboard as well if it goes forward. If I had to guess there is waffling and need someone to say "hey the requirement is real, go pull the trigger"

skybert

Skybert
US-2 is a unique airframe. Develpoment costs would make it unfeasible. LM has had a float equip mod in work for decades - it has been sitting on shelf awaiting final development. This is a short putt for existing J model. Heard USCG is onboard as well if it goes forward. If I had to guess there is waffling and need someone to say "hey the requirement is real, go pull the trigger"
Based on the current china situation, including a surveillance balloon over the U.S. as we speak, it seems the requirement is real

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Even the open source reporting about said surveillance balloon has basically summarized the situation as such: anyone who has any credible opinion has shrugged their shoulders, OPSECed their forces appropriately, and then said DILLIGAF.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well that’s that.

There’s no requirement for that capability. Requirements drive acquisitions.