• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Naples incident/how to ruin your career before it's started/make others suffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
FWIW I think the sims guys are making 6 figures now. They had to let a few guys go when the new contract started but that is not a bad deal at all. Especially when it is on top of retirement pay.

MasterBates

3 years on BDCP + OCS - $150,000
Cost to wing Naval Aviator- $1,300,000
Look on Cat-1 Shocker stud's face when he realizes the angry man in the sim is A4s- PRICELESS!

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Has there ever been a proposal made to the Navy and other services to hire retired military pilots on a GS payscale to instruct at the primary stages of flight training(not just sims) and then have the fleet seasoned instructors complete training thereby making more instructors available for Advanced and the Rag. Any safety issues with this?

In short yes, we have looked at this many times. The main hurdle was what do you do with all the aviators rotating off a sea tour that used to get flying orders. Career enhancing shore tour jobs are at a premium. Career enhancing jobs in a flying billet even more so. The bottom line is there is no where for guys to go and back-to-back-to-back sea tours would kill retention.

If what I hear is correct, we are training less pilots today than we did back in the day. I would imagine the training syllabus is more comprehensive today than say 20 years ago. Has the Navy and the other services ever applied Lean Six Sigma or something to their production?! There has to be some smart retired Navy pilot with some understanding of how to fix the problem.(This might be a good gig for a Reserve O-6 Aviator)
I think alot of money is lost having junior officers sit around during training. For instance stagger accession programs so that the summer bunch does not affect the A-pool(I think the Airforce is already doing this).

If the amount of money(basic pay and BAH) is calculated for every junior officer that should be in the pipeline vice awaiting-pool, how many training aircrafts could we possibly get?

I know this issue has been raised at some point on this forum. Cannot seem to find one in the midst of all the multiple API threads. Those with STUCON experience are more than welcome to jump on this. Can things be changed around or the old way just works fine?

Discussed a little in the thread below. Check post #29 for your answer. The names I list include an ex-Commodore, retired Naval Aviators and number crunching geeks...and that is just for Primary. The Varsity team is on the job. If you think you have something to add, talk to them.

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146912&page=2

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Look on Cat-1 Shocker stud's face when he realizes the angry man in the sim is A4s- PRICELESS!
There are no angry men in the sim at Whidbey. But there are a few who will remain pleasant and cheery while putting the screws to Cat Is and watching them sweat through compound EP hell . . . :D

UpstateSouthpaw

On to Whiting North
So has anyone heard if this Naples incident is actually going to ruin these officer's careers? I've heard that someone may be trying to keep them in. Which seems a little ridiculous with the whole RIF thing going on.

*Disclaimer* (mind you I heard this from another Ensign so chances are there is nothing to back this up... but most rumors are rooted in some truth...)

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
So has anyone heard if this Naples incident is actually going to ruin these officer's careers? I've heard that someone may be trying to keep them in. Which seems a little ridiculous with the whole RIF thing going on.

*Disclaimer* (mind you I heard this from another Ensign so chances are there is nothing to back this up... but most rumors are rooted in some truth...)
I have no idea. I have not even heard about them in some good time, in fact, I kind of forgot about this whole thing. I saw one of the guys in flight management like two weeks ago, but that was it.

UpstateSouthpaw

On to Whiting North
I'm pretty sure they've got them working in flight management all day to 'keep an eye on them'. I've seen them there everyday for the past couple weeks.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Even if there wasn't a RIF they still shouldn't keep these guys. IMO they should make them pay back their college tuition as a final farewell while getting the boot in the ass. There are hundreds of qualified people waiting to take their place and what they did is just flat out piss poor decision making... They would annihilate any E-1 who did something like that. These dudes shouldn't be any different.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I'm pretty sure they've got them working in flight management all day to 'keep an eye on them'.

Either that or to publicly humiliate them. I think of the STUCON desk as a sort of A-pool stocks. Unfortunately, I don't think that makes it ok to throw rotten vegetable at them in there.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I think the chances of anyone, enlisted or officer, staying in after being convicted of a federal crime are pretty slim to none. These guys have obviously not been convicted yet, but if they are I doubt you will see them in uniform long. Unless it is a prison one.

UpstateSouthpaw

On to Whiting North
Either that or to publicly humiliate them. I think of the STUCON desk as a sort of A-pool stocks. Unfortunately, I don't think that makes it ok to throw rotten vegetable at them in there.

I think we should have an AW contest to see who can do the best photoshop job on these guys in stocks. I can just see that one guy's big grin with a few rotten tomatoes and cabage splattered all over his face. My photoshop skills suck so I'm not even going to try.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I think we should have an AW contest to see who can do the best photoshop job on these guys in stocks. I can just see that one guy's big grin with a few rotten tomatoes and cabage splattered all over his face. My photoshop skills suck so I'm not even going to try.

Not to ruin the fun, but I would say they are still fellow commissioned officers as of yet, and this probably isn't the "forum" for that......

Status
Not open for further replies.