• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Monster COD thread (homage to the C-2A Greyhound)

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
I love the COD life so far..... burrito delivery and newspaper bitch for CAG/The Admiral/Boss is awesome :) (heavy sarcasm)

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
I love the COD life so far..... burrito delivery and newspaper bitch for CAG/The Admiral/Boss is awesome :) (heavy sarcasm)
Ahhhhhh-HA!!

A new community to query for "status of burrito". Too bad, there aren't the same opportunities to do a contact turn-over with COD like with MPRA.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Have you taken a look at your bank statement lately? CODs rock. And remind the admiral that USA Today doesn't come out new on Saturday or Sunday.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Back in the early 1990's (before COD warfare status), we had a P-3 guy as the Skipper of the West Coast COD squadron. Good dude, but was a bit scary around the boat. :eek:

-ea6bflyr ;)

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can you explain this? They all had wings right?

Yes, they all had wings, but not an AQD for the platform. That meant that you didn't earn any "special" community specific or tactical qualification after completing the FRS. It goes back to C-1 Traders that were owned by each CV and flown by the pilots in ships company. You couldn't get COD's out of flight school then. Eventually the planes were taken from the CV/CVN's and were put into squadrons. This opened up COD's as an initial platform out of flight school, but they didn't have a warfare qualification for the platform because the community had previously just been guys from other platforms who flew the plane while they were on a ship. Without the AQD, or warfare designation, guys who flew COD's would not be selected for O-4, and therefor would never lead their own community. The C-2 came about and it was the same in it. However now, they had a ramp and Spec Ops/SEALS types started jumping out the back and they were dropping stuff out for people too. This was what allowed the community to officially become a community and get a warfare designation. The last 4 years has been when the C-2 Community was able to have their first Skippers who had ONLY flown in the C-2 Community, hence the first "Natural" COD CO's. Now one of those guys has been selected to be the FRS CO. That's why I say the Community is continuing to progress.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Lamps making you angry even though you are far away!
Classic.

Actually the LAMPS team that was doing the R thing was top notch and had their minds, intentions, and hearts in the right place. It's the system I'm spooling up over on this one. The best thing to do, clearly and easily proven, was unobtainable because the money could only be used for remanufacture, not new. So throw money on something less than perfect instead on using less money for something much better...

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Have you taken a look at your bank statement lately? CODs rock. And remind the admiral that USA Today doesn't come out new on Saturday or Sunday.

They absolutely rock....the sarcasm was for the glorified newspaper delivery boy comment.

Njc242

Hey guys, thanks for the great responses, it seems that from the very few cod drivers that are here its safe to say that you love it. The unsung hero basically is what you guys are. So if I do not get jets (when the time comes) than I know where I am headed or want to be headed =)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Hey guys, thanks for the great responses, it seems that from the very few cod drivers that are here its safe to say that you love it. The unsung hero basically is what you guys are. So if I do not get jets (when the time comes) than I know where I am headed or want to be headed =)

cart-before-horse-2.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I am wondering if there are currently any Cod Drivers in the forums?
If so, or if anyone has been there done that, what is their opinion on this fine bird?...

"Fine Bird"???

ARE YOU INSANE????

While COD's serve as an integral and necessary part of Naval Aviation ... NO ONE goes into the "pipe" WANTING to be a COD driver ... I mean, NO ONE.

We all eat cheese when we're hungry. If you don't know what that means ... wait .... you will. :)

Believe it.

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
Yeah, COD's suck! Go jets and forget this Pig. Can we please close this thread already?!!?

....hopefullytheywontreadthisandrealizeit'sthebestkeptsecretintheNAVY,I'lltakethemanyday!.....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, COD's suck! Go jets and forget this Pig. Can we please close this thread already?!!?
....hopefullytheywontreadthisandrealizeit'sthebestkeptsecretintheNAVY,I'lltakethemanyday!.....

You're an NFO, right??? If so .... you won't do well in COD's .... but: if all you want is to stay on the beach and get per diem ... go into the Air Force or into the airlines.

Like I said: COD's are integral and necessary ... but so is a B.M. :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Re: Dirty ....

Got it; you're an NFO to Pilot, yea-as??? Then enjoy COD's if that's where you're goin' ... I'd do it in a heartbreak if that were the choice or that were the cards that were dealt.

I'm just giving the "overall" picture.

Rock on.

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
Copy all Pops! Hey, I was in P-3 land before so I'm used to the pseudo-Nav. I'm getting old, these kids are quick these days! Never thought QOL would be the driving factor, but it is for me... Just a desire, but Uncle's gonna choose my fate. Now go listen to Kapono rock Dukes on Sunday for a mean young ha'ole, 'cause I miss it more than ever...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
... Now go listen to Kapono rock Dukes on Sunday for a mean young ha'ole, 'cause I miss it more than ever...

Roger that: ... used to go to Kapono's @ Aloha Tower to soak up the music until they crashed and burned ... have a couple of CD's @ another life ... are you talkin' "Randy & Jon" or the Beamers???

Country Comfort was 'da best. :)