• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Latest Air Force Enquirer Cover...

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
To me, it's blanket over the baby time if you need to breastfeed in uniform. My .02. Thoughts?

Agreed. Both of my kids were breastfed and I can't remember my wife ever feeding them anywhere that might be called "public" without a blanket draped over. Most places have a place where one can go and discretely feed without attracting attention.

These women are doing this for attention and they deserve to reap the whirlwind they've called down.

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
I can see the need to breast feed your kids...got it. However, during this photo where these mom's are only doing what's natural for mom's to do...nobody has mentioned the fact that while public breast feeding at work doesn't violate any regs, I'm pretty sure having your infants readily available in a government office does...even for the Air Force. Even today I doubt the scenario pictured could take place. I dunno, maybe the AF does allow Pack N' Plays to be set up next to your desk?

And yes, I'd stare...even my wife of 20+ years says, "of course you'd stare, you're guys, what do they expect you to do...?"

MR-

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I disagree with that shocking pic. I would never dress my kids in animal prints.

Really, I have no problem with women breastfeeding in public (our two kids were), but not in uniform.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Not to be outdone, next weeks Navy Times will certainly feature some 400-pound LIMDU baby-momma in aquaflage hanging at the PX doing this.
But hey, Coors is on sale!

robav8r

None
Contributor
What would happen if you had a female pilot doing this in your ready room?

YHGTBSM - are you saying having your kid at work, in the ready room, would be acceptable? Not to be confused with the single, female ASDO who just "couldn't" find someone to watch their youngin' during duty . . . . . . .

MasterBates

I'm pretty sure my fiancee (school teacher at a private school) would be fired if she was breast feeding any minions of ours at work. Never mind having a kid at work.

Therefore, Jewish day schools must be more militant than the Chair Farce.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Second, third, fourth, the motion. If they were just on base with the family in uniform and went somewhere discreet, maybe with a blanket or something, no issue. Whipping the feeding units out in uniform is a bit much. I find walking with my hands in my pockets "natural" too, but I can't do that either. They're making a public spectacle of something that should be handled by a submission to whatever the USAF version of a uniform board is, if there is such a thing.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
YHGTBSM - are you saying having your kid at work, in the ready room, would be acceptable? Not to be confused with the single, female ASDO who just "couldn't" find someone to watch their youngin' during duty . . . . . . .

Hey, there aren't even any female pilots in my community, so I'm probably not the one to ask about what the limit is for female ready room decorum.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
In your whole community, or just your squadron? I can't believe there are NO females in AV-8Bs since the MOS opened 17 years ago.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
As far as any of us can tell, there aren't any females in the Harrier cockpit right now. One of the more legit 7509s here can give a better answer with respect to history.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
There have been four that I know of, one lasted about two months after the RAG and got NPQ'd for being too light. The second went to OIF1 and later WTI, and I believe got out. The third didn't make it through the RAG, and the fourth was in my squadron and did fleet average. She had a baby and is on some kind of staff tour now.

So, there have been female Harrier pilots, but not too many. No idea if there are currently any on the East coast, but there aren't on the West coast right now.