• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Growler Gallery

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
I wonder what the climate is like in the AF Fighter Squadron Flight room these days. I can just imagine people walking around with fingers crossed saying "Raptor, Raptor".

They are, but probably not for the reson you're thinking. With half of the F-15C fleet going to the boneyard over the longeron issue, there are going to be a lot of fighter pilots destined for UAVs and MC-12s/U-28s if more Raptors aren't built.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Among all the other things that are retarded about putting a Raptor 'kill' on a Hornet, these are the two that are the most asinine:

1) A US kill mark on a US fighter? Choke yourself. You must be so proud of your frat.

2) A kill mark painted on the jet for something that occurred in training? Again, choke yourself.

Maybe it's different in the USAF, but we're only proud enough to paint it on the side of the jet when we kill bad guys in real life.
So basically you're saying that it's having its desired effect of pissing Air Force guys off. :D

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Why are AF guys afraid to say the term BOX?

It is a Vietnam-era USAF tradition that arose out of guys being away from American women while they were on combat tours.

As "box" is a piece of female anatomy (just a "head" is an activity), the words were banned from use -- unless you had participated in that activity (with a 'round-eye' woman) in the last 69 hours.

Stupid game that has perpetuated over the years. Similar to the "so to speak" game, although that is a much more recent phenomenon.

Kycntryboy

pilot
I have no idea... I graduate next Friday and I'm the only one that wants it in the whole wing:confused:....Cool with me.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hear VT-86 studs winging this week had a Shocker slot available to them...and none of them wanted it. Crazy, IMHO. They must not have heard about the F-22 kill :)
And there was a Prowler full of 129 instructors propagandizing not a month ago . . . sad. Just slide it right 6 months or so. I'll take it. :D

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Yeah, last week the first VT-86 wingee got selected for Growlers. Don't think he wanted it, but still. I'd love to take it from him :)

Shocking (no pun intended :D ) There is not a better or more exciting time to be in EW/EA. All the communities have their strengths but to be one of the lead guys in a new platform just doesn't happen much anymore.

It is truly yours to make.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Shocker is going to be an awesome weapon. On the pilot side, pilot's are going to have to get a lot more involved/nerdy in the Growler than most did in the Prowler.

MasterBates

So are NAs/NFOs getting shocker/prowler orders out of advanced or are they getting "community" orders like E2/C2 pilots who pick/get assigned/pull name out of hat at the RAG for who gets what?

red_ryder

None
Good question. The only thing bad enough to tempt me out of trying for P-3's. I might just edit my pref. sheet after reading this thread.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Good question. The only thing bad enough to tempt me out of trying for P-3's. I might just edit my pref. sheet after reading this thread.
Do yourself a favor and put Strike and/or Strike Fighter 1 and 2, E2 #3, Maratime #4.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
And don't be the only selector out of your TH/intermediate class when they need E2 dudes :p (I keed I keed....I'm sure the tube is a FO party)

Casual

Jammin'
None
So are NAs/NFOs getting shocker/prowler orders out of advanced or are they getting "community" orders like E2/C2 pilots who pick/get assigned/pull name out of hat at the RAG for who gets what?

So far only one person has selected Growlers out of VT-86. When you do your initial selection about half way through 86, you select either Prowlers or "Boeing." You don't find out if you get the Super or Growler until you wing. Wish they would tell us at the first selection...

Tom

pilot
Contributor
So far only one person has selected Growlers out of VT-86. When you do your initial selection about half way through 86, you select either Prowlers or "Boeing." You don't find out if you get the Super or Growler until you wing. Wish they would tell us at the first selection...
Welcome to my world.