• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Growler Gallery

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Back on track with the Growler "kill" - I sent it to my leadership prof (O-5, E/A-6B type...) and he had some interesting things to say:

Do you recognize the tail symbol..."SD" is VX-23 at Pax River...my friend is
the VX-23 EA-18G Project Office Coordinator...this has created some real
hate and discontent. Although this is just in fun, making fun of a program
that is under extreme budget scrutiny is not funny in their eyes. I like it
though.

Interesting perspective and I never thought about that, how Raptor type guys might actually be pissed about this.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Probably because the alternative word for Cockpit didn't go over so well, such as defining the situation below. I prefer 'Carpet Bombers' too far?:icon_ooh:

boxoffice.jpg

First one to post it gets a blowup doll :tongue2_1

The one on the lower right looks about 15...

What kind of plane is that anyways?

Clux4

Banned
I wonder what the climate is like in the AF Fighter Squadron Flight room these days. I can just imagine people walking around with fingers crossed saying "Raptor, Raptor".

I think they are looking at 183 with a bid to get an additional 60. With this bad economy, 183 might drop to 150 but not totally chop the program. Anyone seen a military project get the chop without having any fielding problem(budge restraints)?

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Interesting perspective and I never thought about that, how Raptor type guys might actually be pissed about this.

If I were a VAQ pilot/NFO with an F-22 kill, I wouldn't be too concerned with how it made the poor Raptor guys feel.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think they are looking at 183 with a bid to get an additional 60. With this bad economy, 183 might drop to 150 but not totally chop the program. Anyone seen a military project get the chop without having any fielding problem(budge restraints)?

I am pretty certain that the 183 have already been bought so I doubt there will be less. One of the arguments to keep buying F-22's is actually the economy, it is a lot of jobs and would keep them employed until the F-35 production ramps up. At least that is what its supporters are saying.

What kind of plane is that anyways?

Who cares, KC-135.

As Morgan correctly pointed out, it is a KC-135.

KC-135 cockpit

It took a grand total of 2 minutes on Google to figure that one out......:eek:

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Bump...

I hear VT-86 studs winging this week had a Shocker slot available to them...and none of them wanted it. Crazy, IMHO. They must not have heard about the F-22 kill :)

I have to say, I'm pretty damn excited to be getting into Naval Aviation at this time, with the G being part of the reason.

Casual

Jammin'
None
Yeah, last week the first VT-86 wingee got selected for Growlers. Don't think he wanted it, but still. I'd love to take it from him :)

HuggyU2

None
Yeah, whatever.... the Raptor died,... the Navy guys cheated... but a kill's a kill... if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'....
As much as I hate saying it:
Growler 1 Raptor 0

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Among all the other things that are retarded about putting a Raptor 'kill' on a Hornet, these are the two that are the most asinine:

1) A US kill mark on a US fighter? Choke yourself. You must be so proud of your frat.

2) A kill mark painted on the jet for something that occurred in training? Again, choke yourself.

Maybe it's different in the USAF, but we're only proud enough to paint it on the side of the jet when we kill bad guys in real life.