• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Flight Jacket Thread (wearing/buying Leather, NOMEX, WEP jackets/patches)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I now wear NWU's to work everyday. Granted not a flying squadron but at least I have them (2 pair as of now).

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I finally broke down and bought a set in case I get ordered to show up in them for one reason or another. They're hanging in my closet right next to my greens. Ah, the irony. :icon_tong

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I now wear NWU's to work everyday. Granted not a flying squadron but at least I have them (2 pair as of now).
How do you like them? The majority of guys I've talked to say they aren't good for cooler weather. I don't see much problem with that here in Central Texas though.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Some guys at the hornet rag think that you're trying to hard if you're wearing the leather jacket. I was like seriously what the fuck? I have wings. Its cold. I'm wearing the fucking jacket.

RotorHead04

Patch Mafia
pilot
Some guys at the hornet rag think that you're trying to hard if you're wearing the leather jacket. I was like seriously what the fuck? I have wings. Its cold. I'm wearing the fucking jacket.

I feel you. I never understood that mentality. As it's been said sooooooo many times, if it was issued to it, and the timing / weather is appropriate, wear the motherf***er. End of story.

Now ... if you put a bunch of shit all over it before you've even done a workup, then you are teetering on gheyness.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Trying too hard" as in being a nerd, or as in wearing things you don't "rate?"

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot

You're going to run into those types everywhere. Wait till you leave the fleet and wear it around non-aviators. I call them ghey for worrying so much about what I'm wearing.

Bevo16

pilot
A skum sucking RLO here at PERS told me that she didn't think we should be allowed to wear leather jackets when on shore duty. I shit you not.

I just wish that I had quick enough whit to say "If you think that is bad, what do you want me to do with my $650/month flight pay!!"

Aviator envy. It's green, and it stinks.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
IF YOU HAVE A 1300-SOMETHING DESIGNATOR ... wear whatever-the-fuck you want to that's Naval 'aviation issue' ...

Let the nattering nabobs of negativism go pound sand ...

You're in NAVAL AVIATION ... the tip of the spear ... the best of the best .... ergo: all the rest can go fuck themselves.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
A skum sucking RLO here at PERS told me that she didn't think we should be allowed to wear leather jackets when on shore duty. I shit you not.

I just wish that I had quick enough whit to say "If you think that is bad, what do you want me to do with my $650/month flight pay!!"

Awesome.

Dunno how it's going in the sea service lately, but over here in Big Blue there is a groundswell of anti-aviator backlash like this sort of crap.

It's the result of all these years of telling everyone in the AF that they're a warrior, too, so now the pencil pushers have this feeling that they *are* the mission rather than being *support* for the mission.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Awesome.

Dunno how it's going in the sea service lately, but over here in Big Blue there is a groundswell of anti-aviator backlash like this sort of crap.

It's the result of all these years of telling everyone in the AF that they're a warrior, too, so now the pencil pushers have this feeling that they *are* the mission rather than being *support* for the mission.

Now there's irony. Aviator backlash in the Air Force. In the grand scheme of things unless you do something directly related to finding and/or killing people and things, you're just support. Working in the Cash Camel at Al Udeid does not a warrior make.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Awesome.

Ironic, are the space rangers joining in on this or are they sulking in the background? What do you all think of them wearing flight suits and leather jackets anyways? A lot of them running around here all the time in those.

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions

Tell her she's not allowed to use her vagina til she goes back on hooker duty. Oh wait... lack of use probably put her in the pissy mood to begin with. Belay my last. :D