• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Flight Jacket Thread (wearing/buying Leather, NOMEX, WEP jackets/patches)

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
It's supposed to hang aroud one shoulder with the severed ears and bleached middle finger joints of the junior personnel you've demonstrated on.

KBayDog

Crowbar said:
If you're going to wear it with civvies, I recommend wearing it over the API t-shirt, you know, since people in Pensacola wear those stupid shirts everywhere. May as well put your MCMAP belt on your blue jeans, too.

The only way the MCMAP belt would compliment the API shirt is if you a children's size XXS shirt so that it is very....very...tight.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I wear MCMAP belt with my "SHOULDA GOT JETS" embroidered polo shirt and khakis toped off with the all-weather coat.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The correct belt when wearing "officer active wear" is the woven leather belt circa 1995.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't forget your issued sunglasses and too-tight 80's jeans, pulled up extra high.

Crowbar

None
You'd be delinquent in your duties if you didn't round out the look with these babies...

shoes_uniformgloss.jpg

Hat_USMC.jpg

KBayDog

Are we talking winter or summer attire? For the summer, I have always been a fan khaki shorts (6-9" above the knee) with said woven belt, polo shirt (with obligatory Emblem), and corfams.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
KBayDog said:
Are we talking winter or summer attire? For the summer, I have always been a fan khaki shorts (6-9" above the knee) with said woven belt, polo shirt (with obligatory Emblem), and corfams.

anim_lol.gif

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
You guys can laugh, but when I was in P-cola I could not even count the Marines I saw with high and tights aviator sunglases, polo shirts tucked into khaki shorts with braided leather belts and deck shoes (with AND without socks)

I am not making this up

What's really funny is when you, as a Navy type, goes out in t-shirt and jeans, and a Marine type who takes himself too seriously gets pissed off about your attire. I love it, I love watching the uptight ones squirm.

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
Fly Navy said:
What's really funny is when you, as a Navy type, goes out in t-shirt and jeans, and a Marine type who takes himself too seriously gets pissed off about your attire. I love it, I love watching the uptight ones squirm.

No way man, those guys exist only at TBS and in JAG episodes.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
nocal80 said:
No way man, those guys exist only at TBS and in JAG episodes.

oh they're out there after TBS, it usually ends after API though (hopefully).

example in API:

"Ensign, the button on the back of your khaki pants isnt buttoned."

I turn around expecting to see some Major, instead see some high and tight Marine Second Lieutenant from my class.

me: "Okey Dokey there lieutenant."

Looking at how much it was bothering him I half expected him to button it up himself. Why he was staring at my ass i'll never know.

Crowbar

None
rare21 said:
oh they're out there after TBS, it usually ends after API though (hopefully).

example in API:

"Ensign, the button on the back of your khaki pants isnt buttoned."

I turn around expecting to see some Major, instead see some high and tight Marine Second Lieutenant from my class.

me: "Okey Dokey there lieutenant."

Looking at how much it was bothering him I half expected him to button it up himself. Why he was staring at my ass i'll never know.

If it had been a Major would you have buttoned it?
And would you have said he was uptight?
And would you have thought 'okey dokey there major'?
Or were you just offended that a peer notified you that something was amiss on your uniform?

Me, I leave the Navy alone. Unless they look really bad.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Everything I need to know about leadership I learned on a MEU. collared shirts are the savior of our Corps, they can prevent liberty and international incidents.

Or so many a colonel believes

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Crowbar said:
If it had been a Major would you have buttoned it?
And would you have said he was uptight?
And would you have thought 'okey dokey there major'?
Or were you just offended that a peer notified you that something was amiss on your uniform?

Me, I leave the Navy alone. Unless they look really bad.

I wasnt offended. and if a major had said it i would have thought he was uptight. I would have buttoned it and not given it a second thought even if it did come undone again. just as when a major said to take a patch off my flight suit, [wasnt anything bad he was just from a rival school (an Aggie go figure) ] and i put it back later on and had a second lt. give me shit for "blowing off an O-4", i just rolled my eyes..take a chill pill dude and relax.