• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Flight Jacket Thread (wearing/buying Leather, NOMEX, WEP jackets/patches)

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
The Gooch said:
Awww come on...I'm just trying to be the screen so the rest of you guys don't have to get all nervous about him asking you questions...and I thought I told you, that callsign was secret!

maybe that callsign can get you info about seymore johnson's PAR faster....oh I forgot, you actually work now so you maybe a little out of the loop on notams.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Not this thread again!!! I thought we settled this? I believe the issue was that they changed the regs sometime recently, which is why a bunch of us didn't believe it. To be honest, I'm too lazy to go look it up, but it's been quoted here on the boards before.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
wiseguy04 said:
I thought the regs said you needed one. Not that anyone really follows those anyway. If that's the case, then I'm definitely gonna wait. No real need for a leather here in K-rock right now...
Regardless of what the regs say, I've been sporting mine sans tag and nobody has said anything in 15 years. It's not uncommon at all.

Brett

The Gooch

FOD Eater
pilot
nocal80 said:
maybe that callsign can get you info about seymore johnson's PAR faster....oh I forgot, you actually work now so you maybe a little out of the loop on notams.

Thats what you are for my friend! Come into the vault tomorrow and let me know whats going on down in regards to quiet hours...I'm very interested.

East

东部
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Regardless of what the regs say, I've been sporting mine sans tag and nobody has said anything in 15 years. It's not uncommon at all.

Brett

Same here in the RNLAF. Pilots wear them on their Flightjackets but the B/Os (as in Boomers), L/Ms (as known as Palletpushers) and F/Es (as known as Fake Engineers) don't......

(They really look like Pilots in their flightjackets)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Brett327 said:

Brett

And I think this is how every other thread ends as well. :)

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
Thanks for all the input guys. Appreciate it.

Holy Treadjack, Batman!!!

Wow. It's funny how I originally started this thread asking if there was a seamstress in K-rock, and it turned into a discussion about the NATOPS/OPNAV/DOD/USN/FBI/INS/DEA/IRS/etc.... requirements for nametags on leathers. :) Oh well, thanks guys.

theduke

i wish we could wear the leather jacket with civilian clothes

i sure wouldn't ever do it around Pensacola...too warm most of the time, and you'd look like a giant douche all of the time

but what if i want to ride a wheelie down a taxiway at a civilian airport back home like in Top Gun? I'm gonna need that leather jacket for maximum effect.

Seriously, though, I do wish we could wear it.

Crowbar

None
If you're going to wear it with civvies, I recommend wearing it over the API t-shirt, you know, since people in Pensacola wear those stupid shirts everywhere. May as well put your MCMAP belt on your blue jeans, too.