• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Conducting SEAL/SDV training at periscope depth.. Those SEALs thought we were crazy for living on a sub... lol...
my.php
my.php

Attachments

• Copy of slides002.jpg
    Copy of slides002.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Copy of slides003.jpg
    Copy of slides003.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Copy of slides004.jpg
    Copy of slides004.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 147

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think one is a Corsair (says Corsair II on 2 seater's tail) and one is a Crusader (orange white). :)

Here are some pics of an airplane you don't see everyday, a TF-8 Crusader at NAS Dallas in 1973.

YA-7HTF-8A-1ss.jpg

YA-7HTF-8Ass.jpg

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Wow, thats awesome. I'm disoriented though - are pics 2 & 3 looking down on the opening in the tower?

dive bubbles are moving vertically :p

The photo's were all taken aft of the SDV dry dock shelter, looking forward, towards the opening of the dry dock shelter.

Pics 2 and 3 are of SEAL SDV team members in the opening of the dry dock shelter. I'll try to scan more of the pics next week.

What a great thread!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
So who does the P2V in the background belong to?

Pix #2 is looking SSE across the runway/lake @ NAS DALLAS from the LTV side of the field.

A 1973 picture ??? Most likely a Reserve outfit ... the P-2's disappeared from NUW @ 1971-72.

I'm pretty sure NAS Willow Grove was still flyin' P-2's in 1973 while transitioning to P-3's ...

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
The P-2 kind of looks like a B-26 Marauder. The vertical stab and the cockpit/nose area reminds me of it.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Probably one of the few pictures of a two seat A-7 and two seat F-8 sitting next to each other. Note the A-7 has a TER with blue death!

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Here are some pics of an airplane you don't see everyday, a TF-8 Crusader at NAS Dallas in 1973.

I went through VA-174, the east coast A-7 RAG in '77-'78 and the TA-7C wasn't on the scene yet. I think Lemoore got the first ones in late '78 and Cecil got theirs sometime after that. If this date is correct, it was obviously an early prototype. And since, as A4s pointed out this picture being from the LTV side of the field, it obviously must be.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Apparently the Navy is testing out a new propulsion system (and no, it's not Photoshopped).

Attachments

• lineProp.T34.jpg
    lineProp.T34.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 263

exo

Apparently the Navy is testing out a new propulsion system (and no, it's not Photoshopped).

I've had the same affect happen to me when taking pictures of the props, due to the low shutter speed ( or at least relatively low shutter speed) of the camera. Makes for a really cool affect, and that is a really clean shot of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.