• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Obviously someone hasn't gotten to the P3 Fuel Systems class yet.. :D

Chief, great photo btw!!

John

I still have both of my eyes in my head. I haven't attempted gouging them out yet, so no.

i thought the C-12 carried a lot when i first jumped in it...it has 34-3500 most days. way more than the T-6 with a whopping 1200#

one day i will fly real aeroplanes, one day.

brownshoe

Contributor
A five wet E is something like 29K #'s of gas.

Wow, unbelievable in my era for a small jet. This old photo shows an A-4 from my squadron (thanks Walt) set up for 9400 pounds. That was a full load, 5400 internal and 4000 external. And yes… Thanks Chief for the great photo.

Steve

Attachments

• Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 154

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
A five wet E is something like 29K #'s of gas.

I think i've taken off with that little before.

If you think that taking off with 29K of gas is exciting, try taking off with 60K in the hot place after setting power in the brakes. Now that is...kinda dull.

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
I think i've taken off with that little before.

If you think that taking off with 29K of gas is exciting, try taking off with 60K in the hot place after setting power in the brakes. Now that is...kinda dull.

Pure adrenaline compared with the 340K #s of go-juice, and 590K #s total for the MIGHTY KC-10 extender. Taking up most of a 12K foot long runway in a hot arabic summer? Suck factor reads at max

... You guys are dangerous...

Flugelman

Contributor
Pure adrenaline compared with the 340K #s of go-juice, and 590K #s total for the MIGHTY KC-10 extender. Taking up most of a 12K foot long runway in a hot arabic summer? Suck factor reads at max

Reminds me of watching the KC-135s taking off at Utapao before a B-52 mission. Loooong ass run on the runway, rotate and climb (stagger) to about 1500', and then nose over to get some knots. You could practically hear the sighs of relief from the cockpit... :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor

O.K. ... since we're all "measuring our drip-sticks" ... fuel, that is ... :D

... how 'bout an A-6 Bomb-Truck max GW cat shot w/ full internals & 28 Mk 82's hangin' every which way but loose ... :eek:

Or ... how 'bout a Boeing "Whale" w/ "full internals" (but no Mk 82's *sigh*) at a max GW "cat shot" of @ 836,000#. :eek:

The 747-200B (for example) can carry a maximum payload of 144,520 pounds for 6,900 miles at a "cost-efficient" cruising speed of 565 MPH (Mach number of 0.85 -- I actually found a little better fuel specs @ 0.86 :D) at an altitude of approximately 35,000 feet. With a maximum fuel load and a reduced payload of 87,800 pounds, you can go @ 8700 miles.

Then throw in a hot, humid day anywhere in the Far East ... or JFK for that matter ... :eek:

We are dangerous ... :D

whalevortexqu7.jpg

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
What's the narrowest runway you were allowed to fly off of in the 747? What are P-3s limited to? We all know it's not really length that matters, but girth.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
What's the narrowest runway you were allowed to fly off of in the 747? What are P-3s limited to? We all know it's not really length that matters, but girth.....
The "book standard" was 150 feet ... you need to be able to turn around ... but I've had it a "little less" w/ body-gear steering and a little skill & cunning applied in the turn ... when the need arose ...

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Going from bouncing on a 300' wide runway at Fairchild or Moses Lake and then doing the round robin over to Bellingham to bounce on the 150' RWY can really mess with your sight picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.