• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Roger that!!! Check those vanes ... or check those zzzzzzzzz's ??? :D
Two of our final checkers take a well-deserved, and all too brief "catnap" in between launches, during their long hard day and night, at sea and on the flight deck, in WestPac.

I owe my life to some of these great guys. [And thanks guys! You know who you were.]

catnap.jpg

h/t to then VF-1 AE-2 Mark Arnold for the photo.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I think he was just talking about "diving the ducts", not that Intruder incident where the guy got sucked up.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I saw that video... it's a miracle that the helmet fodded out the engine before that guy became salsa.. :eek:
Yeah, I saw that video too. :eek: He was one lucky guy. My worst incident was getting blown down the deck about 50 feet before snagging a pad eye.

I think he was just talking about "diving the ducts", not that Intruder incident where the guy got sucked up.
Indeed I was, I have been down many a duct in my time. :)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lemoore

awesome. i had seen these but didn't know the link. thanks

Beautiful photos of the Sierras, Yosemite's Half Dome, Owens Valley, Mono Lake etc.
It was SO beautiful flying out of NAS Lemoore for 10 years, back in the day!:D
BzB

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
goingTexaco.jpg

Cpl. Joshua Balbontin, Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 152 crew chief, sits on the open ramp of a KC-130J Hercules as a CH-53E Super Stallion refuels over the southern Arizona desert Oct. 31, 2009. The KC-130s provided transport and aerial refueling capabilities for the Weapons and Tactics Instructors course. The biannual course is taught by Marine Aviation Weapons and Tactics Squadron 1, based at the Marine Corps Air Station in Yuma, Ariz., and provides students from across the Corps with both classroom instruction and flight curriculum to become unit instructors.(By: Lance Cpl Aaron Diamant)

OscarMyers

None
Might have been asked before, is there any reason the 53 is tanking with her gear down?

because there is a really good chance that it might not come back down. Seen it a couple times where a a landing gear hung and we had to put down on a stack of matresses. Not fun.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Is flying with the gear down ops normal for the 53 then?

I know it was pretty common for the Deltas in K-Bay. A lot of them were actually pinned down, according to a buddy of mine who flew them.

Seems like we get this question about every 6 months or so. Cue Youtube video on the Gator...

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I know it was pretty common for the Deltas in K-Bay. A lot of them were actually pinned down, according to a buddy of mine who flew them.

Seems like we get this question about every 6 months or so. Cue Youtube video on the Gator...

Sorry, I just got prop signed off on my PQS so there went several memories of mine from the past, that must have been one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.