• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Here's a quick (dumb?) question: why does the H-60B/R/F/H have the MTS/FLIR turret above the mount when the MH-60S has it below? I mean I can see that there's some black magic ASW shit mounted below, but it's not as if that blocks it anymore than it would be blocked mounted above. Anyone know?

60S has ball down config to allow for close to 360 coverage. 60R has ball up avoid interference from avionics.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
web_091031-N-9782W-001.jpg

091031-N-9782W-001 GULF OF OMAN (Oct. 31, 2009) An F/Released) A-18 strike fighter assigned to Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 11, approaches the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz (CVN 68) for a landing. The Nimitz Carrier Strike Group is on a routine deployment to the region. (U.S. Navy photo by Lt. Cmdr. Troy Wilcox/Released)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
60S has ball down config to allow for close to 360 coverage. 60R has ball up avoid interference from avionics.

Also, the B/H (Fox doesn't have one) is actually installed upside down, so there's an extra line of code that flips the image when it's on the nose of the aircraft. When installed on the side, it's "right side up." Originally, the Bravo airframe wasn't designed for the nose mount.

Flugelman

Contributor
Good paint on a 44. Guffaw.

Everyone knows C-12s were the gucci ride out of Corpus.

Heh... They had good paint when I was there. Usta ride them to Beeville and K'ville when I needed to go on ATSS business. 'Course that was back in '81-'82...:D

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Something a little different. Can't guarantee the authenticity of the pic...but interesting nonetheless. Looks legit.

richthofen001.jpg

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Here's a quick (dumb?) question: why does the H-60B/R/F/H have the MTS/FLIR turret above the mount when the MH-60S has it below? I mean I can see that there's some black magic ASW shit mounted below, but it's not as if that blocks it anymore than it would be blocked mounted above. Anyone know?

To be vague and non-technical but somewhat more specific, that little bubble-shaped thing between the two square-shaped things under the nose kind of needs to see out and down. If MTS(...sigh) or FLIR were down-mounted, it would block the bubble thing's ability to see forward.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Recent Hawaii Trip

I know these are pix of ships/sub...but they were taken from my plane while on a Det to Kauai for an exercise...bonus rep to the first guy to ID the sub...

IMG_5597.jpg

IMG_5616.jpg

IMG_5634.jpg

IMG_5647.jpg

IMG_5664.jpg

Pickle

Status
Not open for further replies.