• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
I got noon-chow just in time today to click on Fox and stream the launch live! Awesome! Someday that's gonna be this guy...someday....

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I didn't take it. Back when I went through VP-31 as nugget, one of the IPs who did a east coast first tour had the print. We had a negative made from his print and a bunch of us got the picture.

Crowbar

None
oif3712.jpg

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
If the Iraqi flag on the vertical stab has been cut out like it looks in that pic, then I think I know where the missing piece is....

badger16

None
I thought it was flogger at first but I guess with the cut of the wing I would have to go with a Foxbat also. Sweet pic either way!

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
View from my office today, P3-C "Orion" air.... 1401 EST, shuttle launch. We were at FL180, off the coast of Jacksonville, FL in the warning area. Unfortunately, I only had my iPhone on me, so poor picture quality. BA in headwork for not bringing a better camera. I will console myself with the fact that the tube rats were running a bailout drill while the flight station personnel enjoyed the view :D

Note, the iPhone camera does some interesting things trying to capture a spinning prop, so #4 prop blades have NOT departed and/or blade failure.

John

That's what I get for downing two planes yesterday...I ended up standing in the back yard like an idiot with my video camera...turns out they tracked southeast over the ocean this time and all I saw was clouds...

Back when I was a toob-rat we were up over 5X during the first shuttle launch after Columbia burned up. Being the nerd I was I had the launch time/track and got the pilot to climb above the clouds (we were at about 8000 IIRC) go to the north end of the block and crawl back to the south. We got the shuttle right as it came through the clouds on IR and tracked it through booster sep and well into the sky until the nose got in the wy of the AIMS. I had it all sanitized and on tape and the TACCO said he would burn me a copy from TSC so I could keep it.

Fucker never held up his end of the deal but I at least have a cool story...

Steve24

Got to watch the Shuttle launch in 97 degree heat with 5000 of my closet friends haha. Looks like one hell of a ride...
In my first photo you can barely make out both pads in the middle but they both had Shuttles on them at the time so it was an awesome sight. The other Shuttle is ready to go in case Atlantis gets in trouble; it does not have enough gas to make it to the space station.

Attachments

• IMG_4404.jpg
    IMG_4404.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_4406.jpg
    IMG_4406.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4407.jpg
    IMG_4407.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_4408.jpg
    IMG_4408.jpg