• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I was Air Ops on the Stennis (00-02) VFA-146 were affectionately called the "Blue Gems"...*

"Cherry" made skipper...damn time flies...

* PI dig reference to the gals in flight suits who played at the O club in the late 80's: "The Gems"

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This was just too pretty not to post...
Looks like late 70's?

33060.jpg

The background....talk about a planned community...looks sort of like that dead community on the west side of the Salton Sea....:(

2sr2worry

Naval Aviation=world's greatest team sport
Red Bull Races--Sunday--Part 2

A few more pics.

SDRedBull_21.jpgSDRedBull_22.jpgSDRedBull_23.jpg
SDRedBull_24.jpgSDRedBull_25.jpgSDRedBull_26.jpg
SDRedBull_27.jpgSDRedBull_28.jpgSDRedBull_29.jpg
SDRedBull_30.jpgSDRedBull_31.jpgSDRedBull_32.jpg

Shots taken with a Canon EOS RebelXTI w/image stabilized zoom.

MPH

2sr2, great shots.

Do you, (or anyone else) have any shots of Besenyei's first run yesterday? On his second lap,his wingtip couldn't have been more than two feet off the water during the initial move into the quad.

It's my third year in a row at the races and that's the only time I've come anywhere close to jumping out of my seat. He was low. I thought he was gonna get DQ'd for unsafe flight.

With that said it was a shame to see Chambliss get a DQ for exceeding the G-limit by .1 - Ouch.

2sr2worry

Naval Aviation=world's greatest team sport
2sr2, great shots.

Do you, (or anyone else) have any shots of Besenyei's first run yesterday? On his second lap,his wingtip couldn't have been more than two feet off the water during the initial move into the quad.

It's my third year in a row at the races and that's the only time I've come anywhere close to jumping out of my seat. He was low. I thought he was gonna get DQ'd for unsafe flight.

I remember the run from yesterday to which you're referring...I wasn't quick enough to catch a shot of how low he was flying.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Do these look Photoshopped to anybody else, or is it just my old eyes?
I thought the same thing, the jets just look too big. Maybe it's a trick shot with a massive lens, maybe not, but they're still pretty cool.

MPH

I thought the same thing, the jets just look too big. Maybe it's a trick shot with a massive lens, maybe not, but they're still pretty cool.

I'd go with real.

If you're shooting through a telephoto it often creates the illusion of compressed space. Combine that with the Flanker being huge and you get something that appears photoshoped.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Shuttle Launch

View from my office today, P3-C "Orion" air.... 1401 EST, shuttle launch. We were at FL180, off the coast of Jacksonville, FL in the warning area. Unfortunately, I only had my iPhone on me, so poor picture quality. BA in headwork for not bringing a better camera. I will console myself with the fact that the tube rats were running a bailout drill while the flight station personnel enjoyed the view :D

Note, the iPhone camera does some interesting things trying to capture a spinning prop, so #4 prop blades have NOT departed and/or blade failure.

John

Attachments

• IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0213.jpg
    IMG_0213.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 133

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I couldn't see it from home, I saw the last one though. I was trying to figure out if I could finagle a ride on any of the schoolhouse birds, but laziness took over and now I have to drool over Websan's pictures instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.