• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farva01

BKR
pilot
If the old mask broke, the whole thing was broken. It was one piece. This new mask is made of several smaller, interchangeable pieces that can be replaced on an individual basis. Great for supply people and bean counters, not great for the people who actually wear them.
My old-style mask went tits up on cruise and my PR's gave me the new combat edge mask. The most miserable three weeks of flying on deployment I ever had, even beating a month off the coast of Korea wearing a dry suit. It was a good thing I was the MO at the time so I kept bugging them till they found an old style for me. I told the PR's here in Fallon I am going to walk out with five of them in case my mask breaks again.

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
I got lucky and talked the RAG PR's into getting me an old mask. Fits much better than the new combat edge did. Guarded that thing with my life until I got my JHMCS cut. I hear that more or less locks you into one mask type

Farva01

BKR
pilot
I got lucky and talked the RAG PR's into getting me an old mask. Fits much better than the new combat edge did. Guarded that thing with my life until I got my JHMCS cut. I hear that more or less locks you into one mask type
It is supply that locks you into a mask. Joint helmet or not I got stuck with the combat edge mask. It felt like the squiggly thing from Aliens.

Status
Not open for further replies.