• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Kodak, what's the deal with the "Air Force" H-1s? The last ones I saw (just a "few" years ago) were November/twin-engines. But the ones in your pic seem to have been upgraded with VHF (the weenies) and other extras, so are they "legit?" The tailcodes are different., which has me thinking they're still civilian owned, but I excel at being wrong.

Those are USAF TH-1H's - specially built and tailored for Air Force Helo UPT at Cairns AAF. These have a glass cockpit, crashworthy seats, full NVG compatibility, uprated engines and 212 dynamic components - very sweet aircraft. They are immaculate and maintained that way. This is a purpose designed primary trainer for Air Force students who have finished UPT in the T-6 and will fly the HH-60G, UH-1N, or CV-22.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Okay, another question for the masses since KODAK keeps bring the goods...

Are the Rucker -67s completely contracted (ie, in addition to the IPs)? It has a N-number, so it would appear to be the case. I'm trying to think of another purely military-based training program (as opposed to something like CA Mountain Flying School or a TPS curriculum) where students would be flying a contracted helo, but nothing is coming to mind. Maybe the MI-8/17 syllabus, but I thought even those wore AF markings.

The Army TH-67's were completely turn-key - Army owned I believe but maintained to the FAR's - and the airframes kept a valid FAA registration and airworthiness certificate so they could be disposed on the commercial market. The IP's are all contracted as is the maintenance.

Coota0

None
That's correct, Army owned, but all maintenance and the IPs are contracted. With the LUH replacing the TH-67, Army IPs will, at least initially, teach the students. I'm not sure what is happening with the maintenance.

Malo83

Keep the Faith
Henderson Field, Guadalcanal
http://www.warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56481
GUA%201_zpsqvmvaaj6.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's a fantastic shot. I think the fisheyeing from the GoPro is actually a good look for this and the saturation is perfect. What did you do in post? I haven't bothered to look at mine, but does GoPro generate a RAW file or just jpegs?

Status
Not open for further replies.