• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Kodak, what's the deal with the "Air Force" H-1s? The last ones I saw (just a "few" years ago) were November/twin-engines. But the ones in your pic seem to have been upgraded with VHF (the weenies) and other extras, so are they "legit?" The tailcodes are different., which has me thinking they're still civilian owned, but I excel at being wrong.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
@Gatordev Don't they still use singles for flight training at Rucket before folks branch to H-1s/-60Gs/Ospreys? Thought I saw them around Alabama during flight school, but I could be crazy.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
@Gatordev Don't they still use singles for flight training at Rucket before folks branch to H-1s/-60Gs/Ospreys? Thought I saw them around Alabama during flight school, but I could be crazy.

Huh, according to AETC, you are correct. I thought I had seen Novembers, but I guess not. I didn't realize such an animal still existed in the inventory (other than a TPS-type of program). That's time that would be fun to have in the logbook.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
Kodak, what's the deal with the "Air Force" H-1s? The last ones I saw (just a "few" years ago) were November/twin-engines. But the ones in your pic seem to have been upgraded with VHF (the weenies) and other extras, so are they "legit?" The tailcodes are different., which has me thinking they're still civilian owned, but I excel at being wrong.

Here is a great article with plenty of information on the USAF UPT program at Ft Rucker - it seems the Huey will be around for many years to come!

"Long Live the Huey"
http://www.verticalmag.com/news/article/longlivethehuey

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Okay, another question for the masses since KODAK keeps bring the goods...

Are the Rucker -67s completely contracted (ie, in addition to the IPs)? It has a N-number, so it would appear to be the case. I'm trying to think of another purely military-based training program (as opposed to something like CA Mountain Flying School or a TPS curriculum) where students would be flying a contracted helo, but nothing is coming to mind. Maybe the MI-8/17 syllabus, but I thought even those wore AF markings.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
How about the ponytailed WM with the solo cup heading into the -53?

Solid.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
How about the ponytailed WM with the solo cup heading into the -53?

Solid.

Yeah, I was trying to figure out if that was a Doc or AMSO, since her helmet is white. Also, her foot gear confounds me. I swear they're rain boots.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Yeah, I was trying to figure out if that was a Doc or AMSO, since her helmet is white. Also, her foot gear confounds me. I swear they're rain boots.
Looks like her footwear is the same as the guy ahead of her.

I was going to go to the airshow here in Waco today but the company moved me to a different program and I'm now working 7x12's. Yep I was working as the Thunder Chickens flew over head as I will be tomorrow. :(

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Same boots as the guy in front of her. Judging by the boots and the suit, she's flown plenty in the shitter. Aircrew almost certainly.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Same boots as the guy in front of her. Judging by the boots and the suit, she's flown plenty in the shitter. Aircrew almost certainly.

My post was made mostly in jest, since it's just different lighting.

But I'm pretty sure it's widely known that if a Marine wears a white helmet, a kitten dies.

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
Sad end to a couple of great old ladies. These were taken at the Port of Brownsville by a shipmate around the end of April.

Connie.jpg

I made the Desert Shield/Desert Storm cruise on the Sara.

Sara.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.