• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ I don't suppose that CD could ever be made public/semi-private somewhere online for the rest of us? Us young ones need some inspiration from time to time, and a little history couldn't hurt.

Reconjoe, we expect to have the link to the CD audio up this weekend. It will be posted on the "There I was,... " thread (sticky) on this forum. The post will also have a link to read the BusyBee loss story, which should clear up any questions on "what's happenin'", when interpreting SAR freq. transmissions.:)
Busy Bee Ejection Painting 25JUNE1966.jpg
BzB

navyao

Still a Phrog guy. My reserve squadron is slated to decom as a Phrog squadron in FY-16. I'm eligible to retire in FY-16. Coincidence?!?

That's right, 774, that's how you knew about Gunny Paige. I would say you timed that perfectly, it's a shame you guys are going away though...

navyao

Back before NAS Dallas was closed I was in the NEX there and ran across a P3 FE from my old squadron VX-1. He was now in a VRF squadron and was cross training on H3's.

He told me the story of doing a preflight with an experienced PC/flight mech and the guy tells him, "This bird isalmost down."

"What do you mean ALMOST?" he asks.

"Well, if you can't climb to the rotorhead because of all the hydraulic leaks, then the bird is DOWN!" was the reply.

This picture illustrates that concept perfectly. :eek:

That would give me wash rack nighmares!

phrogpilot73

The PAO strikes again... I guess I fly a 56 vice a 46. And I can say with certainty that this is not the aircraft I was flying that day... AMC check with a f'd up pigtail, scan that didn't work, 18's that showed up late... Fun times.

120709-M-KI464-_0168.jpg

7/11/2012 By Lance Cpl. Ali Azimi

Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms

Marines with Company G, 2nd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment, carry a simulated casualty on a stretcher to the CH-56 Sea Knight helicopter during a a tactical recovery of aircraft and personnel exercise July 9, 2012, while conducting Large Scale Exercise 1/Javelin Thrust 2012.

phrogpilot73

Is the Wild Goose Chase rockin' whitewall mainmounts these days? :D
Dusty enough that we hit the LZ with about 10 kts of GS... That's what makes for whitewalls!

YOU LANDED IN A LZ NOT RAG APPROVED AND NOT CLEARED OF BRUSH BY GROUND CREW!! SAFETY VIOLATOR!!!
Maybe in the Navy... In the Marine Corps, we do our job... :D

What's the black box above the exhaust? An IRCM?
That's the ALQ-157... IRCM... We don't have DIRCM, we're supposed to get it - but I don't see why... ILS was the smartest upgrade for us.

Oh, I flew ~48 hours out here, at one point it was 28 hours in less than a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.