• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Enemies would simply surrender at the sight of that A-7 :)

USAF Puerto Rico ANG A-7D in 1978
198th_Tactical_Fighter_Squadron_A-7D_Corsair_IIs_in_formation.jpg

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Enemies would simply surrender at the sight of that A-7 :)

USAF Puerto Rico ANG A-7D in 1978
198th_Tactical_Fighter_Squadron_A-7D_Corsair_IIs_in_formation.jpg
Sure...anybody can fly a camouflaged jet...but a real man goes in flying all red, white, and blue! OK, I loved the crazy colors of the era, but they weren't exactly tactical.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Sleep deprived post - thank you @Pags - No way a Maverick is getting on a helo :)

Didn't know the Sierra's had provisions for Hellfire - awesome. Armed VERTREP!!!!!

Pags

N/A
pilot
Sleep deprived post - thank you @Pags - No way a Maverick is getting on a helo :)

Didn't know the Sierra's had provisions for Hellfire - awesome. Armed VERTREP!!!!!
Sierra's Fixed Forward Firing Weapon System can include:
-AGM-114 Hellfire (up to 8)
-APKWS II (using LAU pods; not sure if fleet is using unuided rockets)
-M197 cannon*

Other weapons:
-M240 from gunner windows
-.50cal from cabin doors

*The External Stores Support System has two BRUs (pylons) and can use a combination of the three weapons systems listed above. Actual loadout will also be governed by weight and power available.

Wareal

Contributor
Must be an omen. This has to be the year. The earliest I remember being in the friendly confines was circa 1959 watching Ernie Banks. And later on Billy Williams and Ron Santo. My Grandfather saw the Cubs play at the West Side Grounds before Wrigley was built. My Dad attended the World Series game 10/1/32 witnessing Ruth's called shot vs. Charlie Root.

And now, my son is flying in VFA-106...

Status
Not open for further replies.