• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Latest from Fallon (?) - I assume the paint job is not a coincidence on the current SU-34 based in Syria.

Are the adversary guys preparing our VFA folks for the inevitable fur ball with Russians over Syria?

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 11.14.11 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 11.14.04 AM.png

GroundPounder

Thats good how did you sneak into HMX-1 hanger?

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the FBI National Academy, and one of my classmates was formerly assigned to HMX-1. A group of us were taken over and got to see the V-22's up close and the white top that I am standing in front of. It was an incredible experience, and fairly uncommon. The Marines there went out of their way to make it happen, and us even being in the hanger entailed a lot of work on their part.

They allowed as many pictures as we could take, with two requests. They are very serious about not taking any picture of a BuNo, and wanted all of our pictures of the VH-3D to be taken from that angle. They also stressed not to publish the pictures in a way that would reflect poorly on the USMC.

I think the amount of stuff that we bought from their squadron store more than made up for us being there.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I think a picture of you HMX-1 cool stuff spread is in order :)

You will have share your expert opinion on the FBI switch to Glock Gen 5 in 9mm as well - in the appropriate forum thread :)

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
They are very serious about not taking any picture of a BuNo, and wanted all of our pictures of the VH-3D to be taken from that angle.

I have heard the same thing about the BuNo. Odd thing is that I have fueled VH-3s and VH-60s numerous times and I always put the BuNo on the paperwork.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I have heard the same thing about the BuNo. Odd thing is that I have fueled VH-3s and VH-60s numerous times and I always put the BuNo on the paperwork.

But you don't post them online afterwards.

Question: what gas card do they give you? AIRCards or some other non-DOD card? Since they're USMC, I would assume AIRCards, but I know the USCG is on a completely different contract system.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
But you don't post them online afterwards.

Question: what gas card do they give you? AIRCards or some other non-DOD card? Since they're USMC, I would assume AIRCards, but I know the USCG is on a completely different contract system.

True on the BuNo... I've always been handed an AIRCard by the HMX-1 folks.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
A nice NPS/Woods Hole shot of a VT-6 Devastator torpedo bomber (USS Enterprise) shot down during the early 1942 raid on Jaluit Lagoon. A very, very rare bird.

Devastator Marshalls Is.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.