• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Man, that's just cool. Anyone know what the broom handle does on the left side of the cockpit? Flaps? Seems like it's in an awkward place, but that may just be the angle of the photo.

Crazy that I have more flight hours than this thing does. Amazing how lightly used it is for how old it is.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Emergency hydraulic hand pump.

How are airframe hours calculated for rebuilt/restores airframes? What if the airframe is kluged together from multiple airframes?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
UH-60A from Timberline Helicopters of Idaho - just rolled on to the show floor in Louisville, KY here at HAI 2016.

Commercial operators are receiving generous operating certificates from FAA - as surplus UH-60's come on the market for disposal. GE is hard at work developing commercial support programs for the T700 engines - but thought you guys would appreciate that ex-mil aircraft like these UH-60A's are hitting the heavy lift, construction, and firefighting markets - FAA being super cooperative. @Randy Daytona ....

12795343_1143419445688607_3080563658791959971_n.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Chuck, have you heard anything about this now increasing the value/need for a S-70 type rating?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 4.41.21 PM.png
Chuck, have you heard anything about this now increasing the value/need for a S-70 type rating?

FAA rescinded the SK-70 type rating about 10 years ago - operators are currently doing commercial ops under a written LOA/Memorandum from FSDO based on the specific operations a surplus H-60 is engaged in.

Look for this to change - but for now it seems PQM/HAC papers are sufficient to show training and experience augmented with the company documented training plan.

Interesting the FAA does list a type rating possibility here: http://registry.faa.gov/TypeRatings/

A type rating should be available because it is a civilian-use helicopter also. FAR 61.31 allows for an FAA authorization in lieu of a type rating, but for a limited time (60 days).

Last edited:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That's why I was asking. I went to the same link today and saw that the document had been updated, so theoretically, it looks like you could get a S-70 rating now with no hassle.

But it wouldn't be the first time I've misread a government document.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
image.jpeg
60301-M-RH401-103
image.jpeg
160301-M-RH401-072
image.jpeg
160301-M-RH401-127

Four EA-6B Prowlers belonging to each Prowler squadron aboard Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point conducted a "Final Four" division flight aboard the air station March 1, 2016. The "Final Four" flight is the last time the Prowler squadrons will be flying together before the official retirement of Marine Tactical Electronic Warfare Training Squadron 1 at the end of Fiscal Year 16 and the eventual transition to "MAGTF EW". MAGTF EW is a more distributed strategy where every platform contributes to the EW mission, enabling relevant tactical information to move throughout the electromagnetic spectrum and across the battlefield faster than ever before. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. N.W. Huertas/Released)

highside7r

None
That's why I was asking. I went to the same link today and saw that the document had been updated, so theoretically, it looks like you could get a S-70 rating now with no hassle.

Just added the type as more of a "why not" when I was sitting with a DPE this week. I have a former Army coworker that got hired due to this -60 time, need to see if he had the type on his certificate. Cool paint scheme.

Malo83

Keep the Faith
NAVY FW-190 :cool:
http://www.warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57627
Captured%20Focke-Wulf%20Fw%20190%20in%20flight%20near%20NAS%20Patuxent%20River%20in%201944_zpsuiiin0ne.jpg

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Slumming it old school...as evidenced by this thing on my kneeboard where you actually had to write down numbers AND do math. Craziness.
Ready, ready, hack.

11 years, 9 months of flight status, and that's the first time I've seen anyone actually flying with the API issue kneeboard. :)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You know you can put that seat down another notch or two

I sit about a notch higher than "normal." I did the same in the T-34. It just works for me.

Ready, ready, hack.

11 years, 9 months of flight status, and that's the first time I've seen anyone actually flying with the API issue kneeboard. :)

16 years of flight status and it's all I've used. Actually the one in that pic was a reclaimed one from Whiting. My original was wearing out and I couldn't get a new one, so I got one from a pile of gear from attrites. I think it still says "NACWS CHECK" on it. Again, it just works for me. Oh, and my original got stolen out of my office, along with everything else in my bag, including the damn PCL. Jerks.

But no one wants to make jokes about the MPD test screen? Noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.