• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Game!

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Navy Mids painted the MD Army national Guard tank on display just to the south of Rt 50 near the Annapolis Mall.

Blue and yellow!!!!

Nice spirit mission.

Nice... I will have to check that out tomorrow.

That unit deserves it, they've had a huge Beat Navy sign up for the last year.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor

HalfBreed

None
I read another article last year or maybe a few years ago about it as well. I think units will send in patches and about a week or so before the game they will be spread over a big table in Ricketts. The players will then select which patch(s) they want to have sewn on. Some will pick units in the community they are going into, some will honor friends or family, and some just pick the coolest looking patch.

badger16

None
This was only my second time getting to watch Navy play this year...and I just want to say

1st- WOW, that offence is crazy good.
2nd- Alex Ballard(sp?) the Fullback...is a monster. My favorite player on the field today. Maybe it is my love for smash mouth football(think real big ten) but that dude was FUN to watch!

Great game all the way around. As I was watching the game I was thinking of all the Navy greats from the years past and decided to look them up. I first heard of Alton Grizzard when my brother was a plebe in 93...I only knew of him from stories told and pictures taken. I finally got to see some game footage of him today on Youtube and he was scary good. I also found out that today was the 14 anniversary of his passing. To those that came before...

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I noticed those dudes wearing Army patches. I wondered if it was a mandated "one team, one fight" deal or a personal decision; glad it was the latter.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
+1 on the lame spirit spots. Why do they always show the crappy Fleet/Field ones? The ones they showed on the Jumbotrons during the game (mostly the ones actually made by Mids & Woops) were usually pretty good.

phrogpilot73

+1 on the lame spirit spots. Why do they always show the crappy Fleet/Field ones? The ones they showed on the Jumbotrons during the game (mostly the ones actually made by Mids & Woops) were usually pretty good.
The ones in the stadium this year weren't all that great either. Mix of crappy fleet ones, crappy "I'm a gangsta rapping mid/cadet", etc. There were a couple of good ones. The one that I would say was the most popular one:

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Spirit spots have gone way downhill since two guys in particular left USNA a few years ago. The first guy [name withheld to protect the not so innocent] is the barber in the 'Yut-yut-devil-DOG' video. He was one of my detailers during plebe summer and a funny sumbitch. The second is a guy from my company and class who is hands down one of the funniest guys I've met in my life. He's the one who did the lego man spirit spots and quite a few others. Same guy wore Mickey Mouse gloves to parade practice.

The dependents abroad/AFN thread got me thinking about the retarded spirit spots that random Army division CG's send in. They all suck. There was one this year with some Major General and a CDR holding hands and saying, "One time, one fight." WTF?

phrogpilot73

Yeah, there was a bunch of lame ones this year. One was some Army general who said something along the lines of "On behalf of our soldiers, who are serving overseas, and their families who are holding the fort back home, and are the reason for our success, more political rambling, blah, blah, blah..."

There were some decent ones that I missed. I forgot to go to the ATM before I went, so when I went to buy food - I found out that the only ATM's I could find were on the ground level, and we were in uber-nosebleed seats. I missed almost an entire quarter.

Here's a couple of the others that I think were shown:

Warning - this one is Super LAME:

cisforsmasher

pilot
wurd has it that the Navy will have a quad of Rhinos from Oceana...not a big suprise.

I ran into one of the pilots immediately following the game at a tailgater. He told me that the FAA decided to be gay and not give the required waiver for lower and faster. They were stuck with the standard 1000 AGL/ 250 KIAS. Apparently the night before the game they were at some function with the CNO who asked them to "make sure it was a good flyover, low and fast."
"uh, sir, can you guarantee that we wont lose our wings if we do that?"
"ehh, it will be a fight but we'll see"
"Thats ok, sir, we'll pass and do as we are told by ATC. Nobody likes flight violations"

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
You guys missed a bunch of good spirit spots then!

Kaydet Gump:

"Jennaaaaay!"

This was the trailer, which was actually shown at the game:

There was one that was making fun of our study hour, but I can't find it on youtube and it was pretty funny, showed the progression from studying on monday night to a mid on friday night lying down on his floor with books all over and drinking beer on top of a garbage bag... "But Saturday is when we play football."

My New Daggone Haircut:

That spirit spot has made the line "Not now mate, I'm in the daggone zone" a common phrase around here as well as "I'm going to 7th Wing Gym to show everyone how jacked and tan I am."

Which is based off, but funny by itself:

phrogpilot73

There was one that was making fun of our study hour, but I can't find it on youtube and it was pretty funny, showed the progression from studying on monday night to a mid on friday night lying down on his floor with books all over and drinking beer on top of a garbage bag... "But Saturday is when we play football."
You mean this one: