• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Game!

KBayDog

Sorry, it's not Div IAA...

Who said anything about I-AA (*ahem...App State...ahem*)?

I've given up looking for consistency; I'm just trying to figure out how you gauge the "big" games.

After all, since it has been determined the #1 rushing team in the nation beating a 1-7 team is "historic," I'm trying to figure out where two service academies playing each other falls.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Who said anything about I-AA (*ahem...App State...ahem*)?

I've given up looking for consistency; I'm just trying to figure out how you gauge the "big" games.

After all, since it has been determined the #1 rushing team in the nation beating a 1-7 team is "historic," I'm trying to figure out where two service academies playing each other falls.

If you don't get college football in this game, you'll never get it at all.

phrogpilot73

The big game is Army-Navy, always has - always will be.

Yes, the #1 Rushing team in the nation beat a 1-7 team. But you don't "grasp" the idea why it is historic.

ND's Average Offensive Line = 305 lbs
ND's Average Defenisve Line = 284 lbs

Navy's average line = right around 260 lbs.

ND's # of High School All Americans = 21 (if I remember correctly)
Navy's # of High School All Americans = 0

On paper, Navy can't beat Notre Dame, even when they are the #1 Rushing Team in the nation (as they have been in years past). Yet they did, and it was historic because no other team in the history of college football has lost 43 consecutive years to another team. Navy did, until this year. They are no longer the record holder, so that's historic.

But in the end, none of us give two flying monkey shits if we beat Notre Dame, it's all about Army.

And it's still one of the best rivalries in the country. Hands down. You show me a group of students from any other big rivalry school that would dress in their opponents colors and cheer for their opponent. Navy and Army did just that during WWII when they couldn't transport the Brigade/Corps. Half of the Corps dressed as mids and cheered for Navy one year, and half the Brigade dressed as cadets and cheered for Army another year. Show me another rivalry that has that level of respect. This game is more than just football.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The big game is Army-Navy, always has - always will be.

Yes, the #1 Rushing team in the nation beat a 1-7 team. But you don't "grasp" the idea why it is historic....lots of good history....followed by great historical trivia:....and it's still one of the best rivalries in the country. Hands down. You show me a group of students from any other big rivalry school that would dress in their opponents colors and cheer for their opponent. Navy and Army did just that during WWII when they couldn't transport the Brigade/Corps. Half of the Corps dressed as mids and cheered for Navy one year, and half the Brigade dressed as cadets and cheered for Army another year. Show me another rivalry that has that level of respect. This game is more than just football.

Awesome post!

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
There was a flyover but they didn't show it. During one of the shots you could hear the jets and see them on the big screen. They showed Army's Blackhawks. The best flyover I saw was a couple years ago when four Tomcats came over slow and went full afterburners followed by seven or so Apaches.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK, Kitty Hawk's spirit spot or whatever you call them was officially lame.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
OK, Kitty Hawk's spirit spot or whatever you call them was officially lame.

Yeah, what was that about? Who blinked first? Lame.

BTW, anybody know if the players have any say about the command patches on their jerseys? Reggie Campbell is wearing an HSL-43 command patch, nice!
Also, anybody notice that most of the command patches on the Navy side are mostly of the aviaiton-type? I've counted TWO ship-type...don't know if it means anything...I'm just sayin'

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Navy Mids painted the MD Army national Guard tank on display just to the south of Rt 50 near the Annapolis Mall.

Blue and yellow!!!!

Nice spirit mission.