• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The End of the Officers Club

DBDubbs

Yes, we have the OClub hosting a beer pong tourney. It should be pretty fun. It will be Friday at 1900. We got a flyer (which hopefully makes it official:D). Now to spread the word. The finer details soon to follow. This is a good chance for everyone to support the club atleast once.

I'm in.

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
This is copied from another post, but I thought it might get some attention in this thread and help the Kingsville O'club on a non-winging Friday night. We don't just train pilots down here, we train the next generation of Club-goers!

"I guess everyone has to hang up their guns sooner or later and for me that day is July 17, 2009. If anyone wants to come to the ceremony, it will be 1430 at the NAS Kingsville, Texas O'club.
After all the sobbing dies down I'll be sending the Franklin brothers into the bar to help folks drown their sorrows, so if you just want to show up for that, I reckon around 1500-1530. (Never been particularly long-winded, but I can't vouch for the guest speaker;-)
Adios, Cowboy:cowboy_12"

Sir, I'll be working the retirement ceremony with several other O-1/O-2's from the TW-2 Pool. :) We'll see you then!!

~Red

MasterBates

RMG-

Make sure they have a Kat Operator, and they call me if there are issues.

MWR-Krock has me on speed dial between the kegs and kat.

bluesig1

sure thing
None
That was a great turnout last night. I hope we can get it set up again. Thanks for the support for everyone that came and drank

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
Sir, I'll be working the retirement ceremony with several other O-1/O-2's from the TW-2 Pool. :) We'll see you then!!

~Red

Just one good deal after another down here, isn't it? I appreciate ya'll's patience and all the help ya'll provide waiting to start. Tell your BI-10 IP I said to give you two aboves. Or just get as much free booze as you can on Friday - safely, of course;-)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pill_Hacker said:
You can add some other events.....flippy cup...quarters.....perhaps a beer olympics...
The occasional beer pong tourney or people playing beer die is one thing; I think if you advertise organized stuff like that at the club on a regular basis, the neo-prohibitionists/PC crowd would have a field day. Still, if 25 percent of the Ensigns that were there last night have the balls to show back up on a regular basis now, we're on the right track.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Pill_Hacker said:
You can add some other events.....flippy cup...quarters.....perhaps a beer olympics...

We did play flip cup too, it's really hard to play on
a table with a rounded edge

cclement

None
The occasional beer pong tourney or people playing beer die is one thing; I think if you advertise organized stuff like that at the club on a regular basis, the neo-prohibitionists/PC crowd would have a field day. Still, if 25 percent of the Ensigns that were there last night have the balls to show back up on a regular basis now, we're on the right track.

I'd come back, and I didn't even drink last night. It was a lot of fun mostly because of the amount of people there.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Still, if 25 percent of the Ensigns that were there last night have the balls to show back up on a regular basis now, we're on the right track.

Just imagine if 10% of them tell all their friends how awesome the O Club is on Friday nights. And how much free alcohol there is - I kept trying to get the next pitcher last night but getting beat to it. (Though I know of at least 2 people who spent well over $100 each last night, mostly buying drinks for those girls from the wedding).

bluesig1

sure thing
None
Maybe organizing something every other week will probably keep a good turn out. It was great seeing them start running out of drinks. I think the bartenders got overun and didnt know what to do. It was awesome that even with five tables going there was still a line to play. I think now that we showed them we can turn out in force, we could get better drinkin deals. Thnks for the positive rep. perhaps next time we could have real prizes

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Of course, this happens when I'm in Corpus. I think we need some weekend 'logistics' flights to NPA

How many studs can we stuff in the back of a C-12?

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
How many studs can we stuff in the back of a C-12?

Including the toilet??

I spent more than a hundred, but that is due to my inability to wear my uniform correctly ... sad.

And to the two guys who wore their covers in the o'club ... really?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I spent more than a hundred, but that is due to my inability to wear my uniform correctly ... sad.
And the fact that you then tried to blame your PAO for what you could have fixed in 10 seconds with a Sharpie. Bush league, bro. Bush league . . . :D