• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The End of the Officers Club

Pags

N/A
pilot
Don't know about present day -- but the NAV never had 'squadron bars' inside the perimeter fence when I flew for UNCLE ... in other words, 'drinking not allowed' in squadron spaces. In any case, I think it would set a poor example for the troops if done by Officers in the spaces ... but that's just me.
We had a squadron bar, but were never allowed to use it because of the above reason. In my three years at the squadron, I think we opened it twice. But per several Skippers' instructions: you shall not drink in the squadron while blueshirts are turning wrenches.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
We had a squadron bar, but were never allowed to use it because of the above reason. In my three years at the squadron, I think we opened it twice. But per several Skippers' instructions: you shall not drink in the squadron while blueshirts are turning wrenches.
Yeah ... makes total sense to me.

Besides ... if talkin' 'inside the perimeter' ... I'd RATHER drink in my stateroom w/ a few selected AMIGOs while 2000-3000 guys are 'turning wrenches' just down the passageway ... :D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The only place I thought that squadron bars worked pretty well was in TRACOM, they were good places to celebrate after your final debrief and there were few, if any, E's around to see it happen. They did build one in my first squadron after I left, I wonder how well it is doing.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... squadron bars.... They did build one in my first squadron after I left, I wonder how well it is doing.
Are you saying they build it to celebrate the fact of you leaving??? If so ... it's probably doing pretty good ... :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are you saying they build it to celebrate the fact of you leaving??? If so ... it's probably doing pretty good ... :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Must be a trend, since they weren't around when you were still in. :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Must be a trend, since they weren't around when you were still in. :D
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I weep .... just weep .... for the future of Naval Aviation.

45711826.jpg

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Any NAS Jax AW's interested in meeting up with a new Ensign at the Jax O club for drinks and b.s. this Friday or Saturday evening?

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Hows about next fri/sat. We will be flying in for CQ. Im sure there will be a party somewheres. Anyone else going to the Truman in 10 days.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
My next time at JAX will be 25 SEPT.

I'm sure I'll bump into some of you at some point :p If anyone does show up this Friday evening, I'll be the "shoe looking" butter-bar in khakis.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
VT-27/28/31/35 at NGP all have bars. The studs stock the refers with beer for various transgressions and/or there are kegerators.

The only wrench turners around these parts now are contract maintenance. Es are few and far between so the perception problem is avoided.