• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The End of the Officers Club

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I still standby my initial statement.

I still bought you alcohol.

That was classic, I don't think I've seen a face turn any redder than yours was when you were trying to explain the situation to the CDR :D

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Of course, this happens when I'm in Corpus. I think we need some weekend 'logistics' flights to NPA

How many studs can we stuff in the back of a C-12?

Dude, we can have our own party here. There are some cool AW's in Corpus. There's you, me, kmac...er, nevermind...

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
That was classic, I don't think I've seen a face turn any redder than yours was when you were trying to explain the situation to the CDR :D

I've never had good control over my blushing ability. Hence I can never lie cause everyone and their mother's dog knows it. It's my Achilles heal, oh well.

If I was drunker at the time my face would have already been red and it wouldn't have been an issue. Oh well...

HAWK22

pilot
The Kingsville O-Club is headed in the right direction. So far we have had Hawaiian, Medieval Knight, and 80's themed wingings, just to name a few memorable nights. Real strong showings. I personally witnessed a dude ripping his brand new fire-pit apart with a drill in order to use the basin as a spartan shield for his Knight costume. Also, said officer was wrapped up in tin foil for his suit of "armor"........ inside the bar. Single handedly raised the bar for everyone, no pun intended.

Also, in response to a quote from a while ago: "The younger guys 'want' the traditions and camaraderie of their predecessors; I'll assume that's a given."

This i can say is an ABSOLUTE given. Especially in Kingsville, there is an ever-growing cadre of young aviators who are ready and willing to step up and provide the energy and antics required to make sure our traditions don't die out.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Just reading through this thread, and also the corresponding thread on baseops.net. The AF bubbas talk a lot about "Squadron Bars" they migrated to when the O'Clubs became unpopular or an ass pain to frequent. Does the Navy do similar?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Just reading through this thread, and also the corresponding thread on baseops.net. The AF bubbas talk a lot about "Squadron Bars" they migrated to when the O'Clubs became unpopular or an ass pain to frequent. Does the Navy do similar?
Don't know about present day -- but the NAV never had 'squadron bars' inside the perimeter fence when I flew for UNCLE ... in other words, 'drinking not allowed' in squadron spaces. In any case, I think it would set a poor example for the troops if done by Officers in the spaces ... but that's just me.

The AF was replete w/ 'em when I flew against them @ various ACM dets in the 70's-80's ... the 'bar's OPEN after the last hop/debrief. One or two of 'em even had a paid bartender -- an enlisted guy. :)