• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The End of the Officers Club

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
a BAC of .01 on base will get you a dewey.

What's a 511 card? like a tipsy taxi card? I like Hozer's bus idea best. If a bus ran to the club on most any bases, it'd be the easiest/cheapest way to not get a dui and still make it back to sleep in your own bed at night.

Starting tomorrow night for the Commodore's farewell, NAS Kingsville will have a shuttle service running for the Club to government housing so there is not excuse for the people who dwell there to worry about an on base DUI. We're trying, boys. Help us out by showing up.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Pill_Hacker said:
On a somewhat related note to Hozer's idea, the 'younger' bar near my university provides shuttle service to and from campus(about 3 miles). Their business has exploded since they started doing it. They bought an old school bus, painted it zebra and put benches around the bus (like a limo) instead of traditional seating. They also added a nice sound system for the drunkies. Buying a minibus and scheduling ensigns as DD'ers would be an interesting idea also.

A couple of us out here at NASP gave a strong effort to get this going, but just couldnt get it off the ground. I still think it is a good idea, but needs more organization than we had at the time...

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
a BAC of .01 on base will get you a dewey.

What's a 511 card? like a tipsy taxi card? I like Hozer's bus idea best. If a bus ran to the club on most any bases, it'd be the easiest/cheapest way to not get a dui and still make it back to sleep in your own bed at night.

Kind of like the Arrive Alive card at TBS... Except you have to pay the cab fare back once you sober up...

bluesig1

sure thing
None
Could it be...?

Yes, we have the OClub hosting a beer pong tourney. It should be pretty fun. It will be Friday at 1900. We got a flyer (which hopefully makes it official:D). Now to spread the word. The finer details soon to follow. This is a good chance for everyone to support the club atleast once.

Attachments

• uncle sam paint.jpg
    uncle sam paint.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 142

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
NBA Jam rules? Bounce for two cups? Pull cup or pull ball (or neither)? How many re-racks? How does the Navy play at the O Club?

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Yes, we have the OClub hosting a beer pong tourney. It should be pretty fun. It will be Friday at 1900. We got a flyer (which hopefully makes it official:D). Now to spread the word. The finer details soon to follow. This is a good chance for everyone to support the club atleast once.

YGTBFSM...I am actually in Florida on that day....albeit in Miami :D. I would rape that tournament, no one would stand a chance. Now I am quite tempted to drive up to PCola for the day......

Ehhh, not quite. Miami women are sooooo much better :tongue2_1

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
NBA Jam rules? Bounce for two cups? Pull cup or pull ball (or neither)? How many re-racks? How does the Navy play at the O Club?

If it is an official tournament....

Jam Rules: yes
Pull ball: yes
Re-racks: 1, after 5 cups are made

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
A4's you need to just stay away from this thread from here on out... I fear you might have a fatal aneurysm if you were to hear what is going to be done at the O' Club.

phrogpilot73

Nice attention to detail. Friday is the 10th, not the 11th...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looks like the decline of Clubs is getting attention, albeit from the Air Force Times.

The problem I had with the AF club system was that it was a closed club, dues paying membership required. I don't care what that article says about the goofy credit card/membership card combo. It was an excuse to get monthly dues put on a card. No late dues payment from irresponsible airman that way. I joined the local AF club because my father in law is retired Army and the family wanted a wedding reception at the club and I wanted to get a gig for my wife's band at the club. In the end I could not cancel my membership without canceling that card card. That was OK, I didn't use it for purchases, but it was other hoop to jump through. I had to write the card issuing bank and coordinate my club membership cancellation so they were not stuck with dues that would not have posted on the credit card. What a joke! It was nothing like NASNI, Pcola, Miramar, Fallon, Cubi Pt., or any of the other Navy clubs I was familiar with. Oh, and the band never did get a gig there!

burningfeathers

Reading the grout jokes
The only stigma attached to a non-drinker is DD. That's a great friend to have:D I have no problem with people who don't drink. The ones that bother me are the ones that just don't do anything. Sorry, sitting in your house and reading on a friday night is near shameful if you're single and don't have a flight the next day.

Damn right I'm a great friend to have....thank you for never vomiting in my truck btw.

bluesig1

sure thing
None
Well here is the fixed one. Hopefully you all come on out. Show the young ensigns its ok to drink without getting arrested.:D

ahh messed up the upload again. I am sure the point is made though

Attachments

• sam.jpg
    sam.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 71

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That credit card idea is the most re-fricking-tarded thing I have ever heard of. It's like the Government Travel Card . . . only the redass is for fun instead of official business! Good grief!