• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TH-73

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
They bought this bird surplus from CBP and restored it to its original 160th scheme. Because they could..

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
You never hot-seated in flight school? We’d ride out to to of the OLFs while another student flew, jump out and sit around the line shack, and then take over for our instruction time while the outbound student cooled his heels.
We also used real naval aircrewmen for "VERTREP" events when I was in the HTs. That'd be a good reason to have 2 in the back (1 stud, 1 AW).

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
We also used real naval aircrewmen for "VERTREP" events when I was in the HTs. That'd be a good reason to have 2 in the back (1 stud, 1 AW).
That’s right. I forgot about “rocks and blocks.”

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Yes, part of the same block where you do CAL/pinnacle and VERTREP.
During my time - never saw hoisting until I showed up to my fleet squadron. Never seen even in FRS. PQM me goes out to VACAPES and kind of learned OJT. "Hey, this is hard!" - stern hoist on underway FFG.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
During my time - never saw hoisting until I showed up to my fleet squadron. Never seen even in FRS. PQM me goes out to VACAPES and kind of learned OJT. "Hey, this is hard!" - stern hoist on underway FFG.
And that's probably why they added it. Just prior to my time, they added 8.5 hours of NVD time to the syllabus. Semper progressus (hopefully)

croakerfish

pilot
Does anyone have a link to the TH-73 MPTS? I’m curious if any of my work made it to the finished product.