• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tea Parties

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Excpet many of them are chanting about taxation without representation, and their tea theme reenforces that, which just makes them look idiotic. last I checked, we still have those funny things called elections. These people have representation. They may not like their representatives, and they may not have gotten their preferred representative into office, but they are demonstrating total ignorance about what the phrase means, making it hard to ake them seriously.

For the sake of a mildly witty (and provacative, whether intentionally or not) slogan, the sacrificed making sense. If what you mean is that you hate wated tax dollars and you disagree with how money is being spent, say that. Don't say that you object to not having represnetation, because possibly excepting DC residents, they very much do have representation. Did they forget about what happened last November?

+1

This vid comes to mind:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=223862&title=baracknophobia-obey

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I don't see where Flash advocated for anything being thrown over fences... but generally speaking when terrorism is a threat and what not, it is probably not a good idea to throw an unidentified box over the fence of a building housing a head of state.

Damned right-wing colonial tea-sippers and their non-sensical signs...

070055b_d.jpg

Lonestar155

is good to go
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Just my philosophical opinion about today.

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
I just got back from the Atlanta Tea Party and they claimed 15,000 people showed up for it. The crowd went on for quite a distance, standing room only. Sean Hannity showed up for that one, probably a big reason for its success.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
So these parties or whatever... were they anti-tax? anti-Democrat? anti-spending? The message seems a bit muddled at best.

Big Biff

Got Em
The one in KC was about the bottomless deficit spending. They shredded W alot, but then moved onto shredding current politicians on both sides who went along with the 11 trillion dollar proposed debt. Definitely more of a conservative vibe, but not Bush type repubs. Awsome signs...
My favorite was "Thundertax..........THUNDERtax........THUNDERTAX--HOOOO"
Was a few intellectuals with signs like "Hey Heusein, Go back to Kenya", but they were definitely in the minority numbering maybe in the 10s.

Big Biff

Got Em
It means that my generation is getting politically active. Thundercats being a staple of saturday morning cartoons in the 80's in the style of He-Man and Vol-tron. It means that the majority of attendees at these events aren't the stereotypical angry old man. Its the youth that is equally as charged with being fiscally conservative as they are about being politically active. It's weird to see youth charged with Libertarian ideas as opposed to the fringe element Libertarians are painted as.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It means that my generation is getting politically active. Thundercats being a staple of saturday morning cartoons in the 80's in the style of He-Man and Vol-tron. It means that the majority of attendees at these events aren't the stereotypical angry old man. Its the youth that is equally as charged with being fiscally conservative as they are about being politically active. It's weird to see youth charged with Libertarian ideas as opposed to the fringe element Libertarians are painted as.

You got all that from a sign ripping off Thundercats? Wow......:eek:

Remind me again who won the youth vote in the last election?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
@ 200 in NUW .... that's a lot for Joke Harbor; some in the crowd were heard to whisper that it rivaled "Holland Happenings" .... :eek::)

(* NUW inside joke *) :)

Bevo16

pilot
The Tea Party in Memphis was anti-tax, anti-spending, and anti-big government. There was a lot of "The previous admin was no a lot better." and "Both Republicans and Democrats are to blame." being said.

There were some pretty funny signs:

Could Obama read the constitution if it was on a teleprompter?
OK, the joke is over..bring back the constitution.
Born free, taxed to death.

There were a lot of kids with signs like:
Only 8 years old, already $100,000 in debt.

More than anything, I think it was a bunch of people that understand that the debt that our government aka taxpayers are now responsible for is already going to cripple us for generations. The group understands that it has to stop, or the economy is only going to get worse.