• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tea Parties

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

exhelodrvr

pilot
Am I supposed to take seriously an article that cites Greg Gutfeld as a source? :D You had me going there for a second.......

Well, had you actually read the article, you would have noticed that Gutfeld's comment was not part of the meat.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, had you actually read the article, you would have noticed that Gutfeld's comment was not part of the meat.

What meat? There is hardly any meat in there at all, he mostly copies and pastes what others have written, real original. And that includes Gutfeld, hardly a source I would take seriously, whose quote takes up about 20-25% of the column/post/whatever.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
5000 at my state capitol in spite of unseasonably cold weather and winds gusting to 40 knots. I didn't go. I knew they wouldn't need my help in this state. Besides, I was busy being a Dad and house husband so my wife can make enough money for us to pay the taxes of the 40%+ of Americans that are getting a free ride. You know, it wouldn't hurt so much if some of them would simply thank us for the FBI, airports, national parks, interstate highways, unemployment payments, etc we fund for them. I don't expect the federal government to show appreciation for me paying my outrageous taxes on time. Tax payers are just piggy banks to be tapped at will by the government for anything they want. But my fellow citizens that make use of the government services I pay for should show a little appreciation. Wouldn't it have been nice if a small number of the 40% of Americans that don't pay taxes had shown up at a tea party and simply held up a sign that said 'Thanks, we'll make good on your sacrifice' or maybe, 'Sorry you missed your son's championship game for me' or how about "God Bless, I stayed in my apartment because of you'. What do ya think, any chance?

Random8145

I hope these Tea Parties are the start of something, and not just a one-time thing, time will tell though. The political Left are very threatened I think by them, and the visceral hatred and snobbiness shown at them from much of the media I think was disgraceful.

How DARE people exercise their right to free speech!

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I hope these Tea Parties are the start of something, and not just a one-time thing, time will tell though. The political Left are very threatened I think by them, and the visceral hatred and snobbiness shown at them from much of the media I think was disgraceful.

How DARE people exercise their right to free speech!
I must have missed the "visceral hatred and snobbiness"; what channel were you watching?:confused:
What I saw (and I didn't see a ton), was pretty dry stuff; some pics of the people there, a clip of a speech, and maybe a mention of then number of attendees. I think you are mixing up "snooziness" with "snobbiness".:icon_wink

m26

Contributor
I must have missed the "visceral hatred and snobbiness"; what channel were you watching?:confused:

MSNBC.

I haven't watched Olberman lately, but it wouldn't surprise me. And I'm SURE Rachel Maddow was a colossal ****** about the whole thing (of course I don't watch her show, but it's usually safe to assume).

Of course, if you want visceral hatred (sans snobbiness, perhaps?), there's always O'Reilly and Hannity.

Random8145

MSNBC.

I haven't watched Olberman lately, but it wouldn't surprise me. And I'm SURE Rachel Maddow was a colossal ****** about the whole thing (of course I don't watch her show, but it's usually safe to assume).

Yes, MSNBC had people on it saying some outright vile things. Then there was just the general tone of most of the media that these people were idiot right-wing redneck hacks, and so forth.

Of course, if you want visceral hatred (sans snobbiness, perhaps?), there's always O'Reilly and Hannity.

O'Reilly and Hannity are not hateful in the slightest IMO, just critical. And as regards Obama, O'Reilly practically gave Obama a completely free pass throughout the election, the only one to question him in the slightest really was Hannity.

Bevo16

pilot
The political Left are very threatened I think by them, and the visceral hatred and snobbiness shown at them from much of the media I think was disgraceful.

The majority of the MSM is treating the tea-parties like tornado aftermath. They are going to the biggest red-neck in the trailer park to describe the event in the hopes that he will come off as a fool and therefore paint the entire group as such. As a result the whole movement becomes a caricature of itself, and the DEMS are picking the cartoonist. Wild ass rhetoric like some of the stupid Obama/Hitler comparisons are counterproductive and they don't make any more sense than when the Dems were using those same comparisons on President Bush.

I don't like over the top analogies, especially when a less inflammatory one will better illustrate the point. It is offensive to compare Obama to Hitler. There are just not any parallels between the two, and trying to call him a fascist is a reach (although you can point at the Government seizing control of the banking/auto industries as a starter).

A much better comparison for Obama would be King George III. After all, it was out of control taxes, taxation without representation, and attempts at arms control that caused the American Revolution. We are seeing the same things now. Taxes are out of control on productive Americans, we are seeing rampant taxation without representation (federal tax dollars to fund state pet projects and waste), and attempts at arms and ammunition control.

The parallels between Obama and George III are clear, and the end results of GeorgeIII's decisions speak volumes to the road ahead.