• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS Packing list

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
That douche will be your brown bagger...Guilty as charged...Especially when I was platoon commander. I hooked them up by having them over for a real homecooked dinner and strong drink.

BlazeUSMC

Belligerent Arm Swing!
I would imagine that there are going to be plethoras of us 2ndLts raiding the PX come first liberty, and most likely every chance we get when we get secured.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Absolutely true. You can't find a 3" 3 ring binder within 35 miles of Quantico during a zero week. Not a white one anyway.

Herk Driver

Life is short...stay awake for it!
Heard today there is a wait to start TBS? What are you guys hearing? I went through TBS back in February '94. Sat in "M" company for three months waiting to start.

AJB37

Oh, and Rock Band helped pass the time while you're sitting in your room for 3 hours waiting to be secured for the day. I'd consider picking that up.

You got to use video games and shit while still on working hours and waiting to secure... wtf.

Also concur on going to Adam's Morgan, go to the Town Tavern and find a bartender named Ashley on the top floor, worth it. Also Madam's Organ is cool.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
You got to use video games and shit while still on working hours and waiting to secure... wtf.

Also concur on going to Adam's Morgan, go to the Town Tavern and find a bartender named Ashley on the top floor, worth it. Also Madam's Organ is cool.

No video games? Your XO didn't happen to be a Capt G did it?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

It was SOP in my platoon to be playing either Guitar Hero, Madden, COD or the many remakes of classics such as Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat that PS3 put out while waiting to be secured. And when the CO ventured into our room one evening it when something like this:"Attention on Deck!" "Hey gents, are your rifles clean?" "Yes Sir" "No Loofahs in the showers?" "No Sir" "Carry On Gents" "Aye Sir"

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Your choice of chewing tobacco (every real MAGTF officer will have a can on em) and baby wipes ...

Funny, I still carry both around with me even today ...

AJB37

No video games? Your XO didn't happen to be a Capt G did it?

No he's not. The XO is actually pretty cool and I don't think the policy actually comes from him. Plus, it gives us time to study.:D

sanders

It was SOP in my platoon to be playing either Guitar Hero, Madden, COD or the many remakes of classics such as Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat that PS3 put out while waiting to be secured. And when the CO ventured into our room one evening it when something like this:"Attention on Deck!" "Hey gents, are your rifles clean?" "Yes Sir" "No Loofahs in the showers?" "No Sir" "Carry On Gents" "Aye Sir"

I wish my company got treated like adults....

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
About what time would you say we get secured during zero week? Please tell me that its not like the first couple days of OCS...

There were two or three days during zero week that we never even secured. I would plan on not being able to leave at all - That way you're not disappointed.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
There were two or three days during zero week that we never even secured. I would plan on not being able to leave at all - That way you're not disappointed.

What he said. I think the first night they kept us up changing rooms until 0400. And "They" wasn't the SPCs, it was the other dumbass 2nd Lt trying to make sure there was enough dispersion amongst the company (trying not to put 2 people from the same state/school/etc in the same room together). You'll understand what I'm talking about when I get there. I'm convinced that half the reason TBS sucks so much, is because the SPC let 2nd Lt's do all the executing. Oh well, at least you get most of your stupid out while you're there surrounded by 300 of your best friends.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

Really? We were done by like 6 or 7 every day during zero week.