• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS in Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Believe it or not, the coldest I ever been was Kuwait. Yes, Kuwait! I was there in winter of 95 and again in the winter of 97. It actually snowed, didn't stick though. When we were all on ship packing all of our gear, before getting on the helo's, we had no idea how cold it was gonna be. We were cold at first but soon got used to it. It made for some good stories. The second time in 97, I was smart and brought the appropriate gear. Training in the cold is great. Easier to stay warm than it is to stay cool. Wait til ya'll experience "The Stumps". Hotter than all get-out during the day, and colder than heck at night. Your body doesn't know what to get used to...

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

Rainman

pilot
So it was so cold b/c you didn't have proper gear? I thought it rarely fell below freezing at night in the winter in Kuwait? Comparing that to the shores of Lake Superior with a winter wind chill of 65 below zero; I'll take the Pepsi Challenge against Kuwait
spin_125.gif

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Damn Phil,
You are motivating me! I come from the era of cotton long johns, cotton sleeping bags and canvas shelter halves. What the hell is gortex or poly pro. Of course now I have the best snivel gear in the field but it was a lot different a few years ago. Stay motivated! Blizzard Bravo survivor, Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

LadyJayUSN

Origionally posted by Phil:
If you want climate control join the Air Force.

Man, this guy makes me want to join the Marines.

<I SWIM 'CAUSE I'M TOO DAMNED SEXY FOR SPORTS THAT REQUIRE CLOTHING>

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Rainman
So it was so cold b/c you didn't have proper gear? I thought it rarely fell below freezing at night in the winter in Kuwait? Comparing that to the shores of Lake Superior with a winter wind chill of 65 below zero; I'll take the Pepsi Challenge against Kuwait
spin_125.gif

Keep in mind Josh, I'm a West Tx boy, born and bred. Anything below 80 is pretty damn cold.

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.