• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tax Rebate?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wouldn't describe this as a particularly Keynesian approach - really more of a supply-side thing. It really amounts to a tax cut of sorts, so you can all do the math on that one. There are decent theoretical arguments that support both sides of that coin, but you can read up on Art Laffer if you're interested in the details behind how tax cuts are supposed to stimulate the economy. Anyhow, I'm not arguing that the proposed stimulus plan will yield significant results for our current economic condition, only that it's not as out in left field as some of the previous posters have ignorantly suggested.

Brett

whitman

Ridiculous. I don't want to be in a higher tax bracket.....Can you turn down the rebate?

It doesn't matter. It's a marginal tax rate. If the lower bracket cuts off at 30,000 and you make 31000, you only get taxed at the higher rate for that $1,000.

Nose

pilot
I didn't file this year (paid under the table, construction for my dad)

Just a lesson for you here junior, free of charge:

What part of the Corp's core values of Honor, Courage and Commitment would you file this under? I'm not passing judgement, cause I ain't lilly white, but this is what they call in flight school a "Below Average in Headwork."

Reactions: Tom

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Just a lesson for you here junior, free of charge: ..... but this is what they call in flight school a "Below Average in Headwork."

Especially posting it on an internet forum. :icon_wink

Who's that knocking at the front door ... ???

milky-f18

loud-mouthed, know-it-all
It doesn't matter. It's a marginal tax rate. If the lower bracket cuts off at 30,000 and you make 31000, you only get taxed at the higher rate for that $1,000.

A tax rebate caused by a tax cut is not earned income, so it should affect your tax bracket

-Milky