• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tattoo questions

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm an Officer and aviator....I have two shoulder tattos...one for each shoulder. My wife of 12 years has an ankle tattoo and a lower back tattoo. I know other Officers with tattoo's, from calves to back (not all the way up). I don't know of any with tattoo's that show in uniform though. Don't go outlandish, keep it within reason and shouldn't be a problem.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I'm suprised nobody's posted a "show your tats" thread
No pics of prince albert piercings allowed!!

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

Jesus, why would anybody do that to themselves!!!! :eek::yuck_125:

I've actually been looking into getting a few tattoos myself, where can I find the latest regs for tattoo coverage? I searched the site, but came up with a bunch of threads like this one.

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
......where can I find the latest regs for tattoo coverage?

http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/bup_updt/upd_CD/BUPERS/UNIREG/Chapter2.pdf

I have been in the Navy for 8 years (Enlisted Submariner). I have been selected for SNA and will class up 7 June '08. I currently have a few tattoo's. A little one on each forearm, a half sleeve on my right arm and another on my right calf. In a short sleeve iniform the forearm ones obviously show. Also, some of the right sleeve can be seen.

I am not a "20 year LDO" but I have had to document all of my tats in my service record and it was in my medical documentation (Flight Surgeon physical) to the OCS board.

I have yet to get any negative feedback from it. What can I expect from here on? I don't want to be judged but I do know perception is reality. Do I get a "get outa jail free" card for being a Mustang?

bb1125

None
//treadjack

Does anyone know if the Navy would pay for tattoo removal? I have a small tattoo that's visible and have been wanting to get rid of it for years, but don't know if it's really feasible.

end threadjack//

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
"Dear Mr. Rush,

I followed your advice on how to think and act like a Fighter Pilot and got my ass LITERALLY covered in tatts. There were a lot of naysayers out there saying that going real Fast!!! and tatts don't mix, but you proved them wrong. I'm now creaming the competition down here in K-Ville. You rock!!!

-Mr GoFaster"

Please tell me I didn't read this on a certain promotional website.:D

????????????????huh?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I'm suprised nobody's posted a "show your tats" thread

how about at pic OF Prince Albert?

392px-Prince_Albert_Victor,_Duke_of_Clarence_(1864-1892)_by_William_(1829-18_)_and_Daniel_Downey_(18_-1881.jpg

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
//treadjack

Does anyone know if the Navy would pay for tattoo removal? I have a small tattoo that's visible and have been wanting to get rid of it for years, but don't know if it's really feasible.

end threadjack//

tattoo removal is free if you can get an appt at a military clinic that has the laser. when i got my removals, i did them at Walter Reed and Malcolm Grow med centers as they were the only 2 in the dc area that had the laser at that time. getting the referral from your primary care provider is the hardest part. after that, it's just making the appt, showing up, and dealing w/ the pain...

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've got 6 tats at the moment. All done post-Boat School and post-NAMI, and all covered in uniform. Once you're done with OCS, ink isn't that big a deal, but I wouldn't show up with any more than you have now. Doing anything there to attract notice is generally bad, anyway. If she really wants to give you a new one, make it a graduation present, not a going-away present.

East

东部
Contributor
This is some of the best, elitist, "caste system" advice (seriously) on the USN and it's Officer corps "system" I've seen in a long time. It doesn't matter what you or I think -- it's just the way it is ... the USN Officer corps and the Marines (to a lesser degree) are a bunch of elitist snobs.

... And I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

I really don't care who thinks tatt's are "O.K." for Naval Officers ... the test of time ALWAYS will out. Hint: if you gotta "hide 'em" ... something's WRONG .... they're not "O.K.". Get 'em, have 'em, love 'em at your own risk. AND the same goes for the women who sport them. ;)

Like it or not: but believe it.

Can't help it but this scene came instantly into mind........it's the movies however.:icon_wink

You got an injury there, Mayo?

Not exactly, sir.

Hey, this is really wonderful work.
Where did you get this, Mayo?

Subic Base, Philippines, sir.

Thought I recognised the work.

Be proud of them wings.

They're the only ones you're going to
leave here with, Mayo-nnaise!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Where did you get this, Mayo?

Subic Base, Philippines, sir.

Thought I recognised the work.

It's "Subic Bay" not "Subic Base". Or did he say "Subic Base"? Damn Richard Gere.

Looooove lifts us up where weeeeeeee beloooooong....

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
the tribal armband was just a stupid ass choice i made a long time ago when i was 16 years old... and NO the biker working in the shop did not card me. At the time it was just popular, and I was the only guy on the football team that had one.

And BTW... I have to hear shit from my girlfriend all the time about having a dumb ass tribal armband... especially since she is a tattoo artist and has sleeves on both arms, a chest plate... legs and back all done. Think Kat Von D.

Thunder

Listen, if you compare how you feel right now about this new tattoo, wouldn't those feelings and logic chain seem a lot like what you were thinking back then? How did that work out?

I'm not trying to tell you what to do here. I have a tattoo myself. However, a lot of this latest tattoo craze will blow over like any other fad does. I have seen many young Marines severely alter their lives just because of tattoos. No DI duty. No recruiting duty. No MECEP package. No Warrant Officer board.

Is it fair? Probably not. But that's life. Get used to it. This will fall way down the list of unfair things that you will encounter in your career.

Good luck.