• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tattoo questions

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Ever since I was a little kid, I always wondered why it wasn't IYAAOYAS... that always bothered me.

G

griever

Legal or not, you might want to consider getting a throat tattoo removed. I have tattoos, but not in visible areas. A throat tattoo, however sentimental, appears thuggish, and doesn't present an officerlike image. If that's your goal, you need to look the part.
well my red-shirt always covers it...

1rotorhead

pilot
If you want to be an officer, you should look the part. Tattoos up and down arms, legs, neck and throat don't look the part, plain and simple.

G

griever

I'll look the part you bet your bottom dollar sir, by hook or by cook i'll be sporting bars, getting girls, kickin tires and lighten fires in the new future, hoo- goddamn- yah...IYAOYAS. -Let me get back to our onload-

Old NFO

None
Bullcrap! I spent 22 years in- 11 enlisted and 11 officer, I never had a tat, most of the people I knew that got a WESTPAC tat regretted it immediately after they sobered up. the more conspicuous you are, the more problems. If you're trying to cross over, you probably will not be selected for commissioning.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
I've always just thought 3.0 was about the minimum for the Navy as competitive as it gets, my gpa was a 2.5 but shows a steady improvement over time (I think I liked college a little too much). I actually ran into the local OR at a job fair about 6 months back and got his card. I'm going to give him a call and apply that route as well along with the Marines.

I gave the idea of getting a skin color tattoo a thought, although I wasn't sure about whether or not that could be an integrity violation if found out (i.e. tanning at OCS being out in the sun making it stand out, since you can only wear a watch when holding a billet). I was told the new policy meant NO tattoos without a waiver, regardless of whether or not you could see it.

docholiday

I have a tattoo on my upper right arm and nothin was ever said to me about it. They just told me not to get anymore until after gettting commisioned. But then again I still haven't been selected. I'm starting to see a trend here.....:eek:

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
tattoo question.

I recieved a waiver for a tribal armband.

If i go through my physical, get final selection, and sign my papers to head to OCS etc. and THEN show up to OCS with a new tattoo would that be bad?

Something like an Eagle on my chest???

My girlfriend is a bad ass tattoo artist at Outer limits in Anaheim Ca and wants to give me a going away present. Such a good deal - FREE -

Pondering this....

thunder

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I would say don't do it.

But if you were, just take a photo of the new one to add to your record and maybe the won't ask questions.

But I wouldn't do it.

joshmf

You didn't say if you were going to Marine Corps or Navy OCS, but you should definitely get a giant USMC w/ EGA or USN w/ Anchor respectively. This will single you out as super- motivated, and you'll probably get a cool leadership position pretty quickly.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I recieved a waiver for a tribal armband.

If i go through my physical, get final selection, and sign my papers to head to OCS etc. and THEN show up to OCS with a new tattoo would that be bad?

Something like an Eagle on my chest???

My girlfriend is a bad ass tattoo artist at Outer limits in Anaheim Ca and wants to give me a going away present. Such a good deal - FREE -

Pondering this....

thunder
Isn't there anything else your girlfriend can give you before you ship out to OCS?

Flugelman

Contributor
You didn't say if you were going to Marine Corps or Navy OCS, but you should definitely get a giant USMC w/ EGA or USN w/ Anchor respectively. This will single you out as super- motivated, and you'll probably get a cool leadership position pretty quickly.

And Jets...:icon_tong

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Better yet......get your wings tattooed over your heart! That should throw them off at NAMI!