• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6B Texan II at Whiting next week?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I think the reason behind the gauges being that way was they found steam style gauges are easier to read quickly. In a perfect world, the designers would have a put a digital readout of total fuel in the middle of the gauge.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I found this to be true. I remember it took me a little bit to get used to the digital readout on the T-45 displays (even though they have little needle gauge repeaters).

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I have to agree with the folks complaining about the paint job.

Looks better as an Orange and white, but simply changing the AF blue to Orange was not the best choice IMO...

Pags

N/A
pilot
I think the reason behind the gauges being that way was they found steam style gauges are easier to read quickly. In a perfect world, the designers would have a put a digital readout of total fuel in the middle of the gauge.

Yes, round gauges are easier for people to quickly reference. Think about it in terms of a watch. A trained eye can read an analog watch just as fast as a digital watch.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
A trained eye can read an analog watch just as fast as a digital watch.

I'm functionally retarded when it comes to reading analog clocks.

"Takeoff checklist complete, time now...uhhh...fourteen...shit...uhh...fourteen twenty six? No? Fift---sir, what do you have back there?"

Pags

N/A
pilot
I'm functionally retarded when it comes to reading analog clocks.

"Takeoff checklist complete, time now...uhhh...fourteen...shit...uhh...fourteen twenty six? No? Fift---sir, what do you have back there?"

Like I said, a trained eye.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
couldn't make it work. gave up after the third try and decided to start drinking. not scheduled!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The AF has some of their training planes painted a glossy dark gray - I've seen T-1's, T-6's and T-38's in the scheme. I don't know about high-viz or anything, but it looks pretty pimp. Better than Clown Plane Creamsicle or White-on-Blue AF Corporate, anyway.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
The PIT T-6s are the ones painted grey. They are pretty pimp. I wish we'd give up the ghost on our aptly named Creamsicle paint scheme and go with something along the lines of the RAF: All black.

Gatorgirl213

If your not a Gator, your Gator bait
The T-6B's should be at Whiting on Thursday and at Pcola Regional I think Wed. The big hoopla will be Thursday unless it rains. Get spiffy guys! Will post pics when I get them.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The PIT T-6s are the ones painted grey...something along the lines of the RAF: All black.

'PIT'? Explain, please.

The RAF planes are indeed pimp:

4CE1DEB4_93CD_F844_066DECA495DE42AD.jpg

313E5445_1143_EC82_2EF4AD829725CCBA.jpg

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
Yep, synix got it right. I guess its like the IUT, but everyone goes TDY to Randolph to do it.