• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
No, Bubba apparently is as familiar with our CR as his (former) IPs. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I've been cutoff more than once on the rules by a T-6. It's 3500'.

Ah... gotcha... They definitely don't give us a heads up on your CR... though we definitely need one...

*for our CR, we're at 2K once we cancel... except T-6's coming from Jack Edwards... they are at 3.5k until the initial.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
T-6 burn rate @1000ft is 500lbs/hr or so @210kts

That's interesting. That's about the burn rate of a T700 at (roughly) a max range power setting. And that's got another 600 SHP or so. Not trying to get this into a fuel burn/my crank is bigger than yours thread (there was already one of those a few months ago), but it's interesting to see how the efficiency of a turboprop compares w/ the efficiency of a rotary thingamajig (T-34 vs T-6 vs H-60).

MasterBates

It did shock me how "bad" on gas those numbers seemed... Especially since the 60s are lugging 3-4x the weight, and helos are not the most efficient things to start with..

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Keep in mind that's at 1K'. It will go down drastically as you climb. I can go from about 320#/hr to 270#/hr just by climbing 8000 feet in the T-34. But I see what you're saying about the weight. Forgot about that, too.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Technically, yes, just almost. Whereas "reverse" is in the beta range for us, beta itself is just everything less than ground idle, but not providing any reverse thrust.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Technically, yes, just almost. Whereas "reverse" is in the beta range for us, beta itself is just everything less than ground idle, but not providing any reverse thrust.

Just wanted to be sure :icon_wink