• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6 vs T-34

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
Don't sweat it because you won't have a choice either way. Best case you'll be asked what you want, then given what's available.

Whatever happens, you'll love the airplane that you fly. You'll either become a T-34 guy bragging about being "Last of the T-34 studs" or a T-6 guy pretending to know how to use a HUD and glass cockpit...

scubasteve38

Don't sweat it because you won't have a choice either way. Best case you'll be asked what you want, then given what's available.

Whatever happens, you'll love the airplane that you fly. You'll either become a T-34 guy bragging about being "Last of the T-34 studs" or a T-6 guy pretending to know how to use a HUD and glass cockpit...

Well as of now they are sending me up to Whiting. So it looks like the T-6 for me. Saw some of your videos you posted on YouTube. Was it hard learning to fly the T-6?

jtmedli

pilot
Well as of now they are sending me up to Whiting. So it looks like the T-6 for me. Saw some of your videos you posted on YouTube. Was it hard learning to fly the T-6?

The T-6 isn't a hard A/C to learn. Just make sure to use your NATOPS manual as the program setup doesn't do a very good job of reinforcing that. Namely Ch. 7 which is your checklists (with notes) so you know what you're actually doing. Always study with buddies and, for gods sakes, know your Eps and Limits COLD.

My best piece of advice for you: If you dont understand or are struggling with something, go find someone and ask. If you show a desire and effort to learn, then they will teach you to fly the thing. You won't be spoon-fed, but you'll be taught.