• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6 or T-34?

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
USAF stuff. I get annoyed easily, so stuff like stand up at 6am wasn't my cup of tea.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Embrace the T-34 at Whiting and don't be one of the idiots who tries to go to Vance to fly the T-6 just because it is "cooler"......you will pay dearly with BS and then your classmates will have to beat the Air Force out of you when you get to advanced.

llnick2001

pilot
I agree. Don't go to Vance just to fly the T-6. It's only 100 hrs; it isn't worth it. Look into it and see if it's something you might like though. It wasn't for me, and it doesn't seem to be for most of the SNA crowd, but to each his own. I personally didn't like it much, but there are plenty of "Vance sucks" threads around so no need to get into it here. When the time comes if you have questions do a search or feel free to PM me.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Embrace the T-34 at Whiting and don't be one of the idiots who tries to go to Vance to fly the T-6 just because it is "cooler"......you will pay dearly with BS and then your classmates will have to beat the Air Force out of you when you get to advanced.

This is solid advice. I've never flown the T-6...it sounds like an awesome aircraft. That said, the T-34 is a riot to fly and is more capable than you will be for sometime. This isn't a slight on you, its just a fact. You will likely never be able to fly that aircraft to the limit while in primary...so don't get too hung up on its "lack" of performance.

The T-34 trains pilots who are just as capable (some would argue more) as those flying the T-6. You will have a blast, work hard, and learn alot either way.

The machine does not make the man...

S3b_viking

I agree with llnick. I'm at Vance right now and am actually enjoying it. I came from a smaller midwest cattle town though, so that may play into me not minding it as much. The AF BS is just like basic though and it's pretty easy to fall into once you learn how to play the game, which is all this is. I don't mind it, but I know plenty that hate it. To each their own.:icon_smil

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I agree with llnick. I'm at Vance right now and am actually enjoying it. I came from a smaller midwest cattle town though, so that may play into me not minding it as much. The AF BS is just like basic though and it's pretty easy to fall into once you learn how to play the game, which is all this is. I don't mind it, but I know plenty that hate it. To each their own.:icon_smil

I don't know...I'd be uneasy taking advice from someone who thinks that "wavin wheat" smells like sweat...;)

Where the wavin wheat, can sure smell sweat....

psuSNA06

I haven't met too many navy guys here that volunteered. Most of us just fell in the wrong part of the alphabet when it came time for Carlotta to send us to primary.

llnick2001

pilot
Just to make sure I was clear, I hated Vance, but not everyone does (just most I talk to).

Rg9

pilot
So how is the whole split-field ops going to work? Did they get beta on the T-6 yet?