• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6 or T-34?

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
Does anyone know how many of the TRAWING-5 squadrons have transitioned to the T-6 already (if any)? I will be down there early 2008 and would like to have some idea of which platform I can expect during primary. Thanks!

Semper Fly-delis!

Navyfan06

pilot
:)Well thats what the VT-2 CO said when he flew with me a while back for an RI flight...so I figure he would know?! I think the T-6 would have been a pretty cool plane to fly, but oh well. :D:D:D

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Count on flying the -34. The -6 won't be around in any number until well after you get there.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The FITU will get them in 2008 (as of now, anyway) and VT-6 will get them after that. There will still be two different syllabusessesses in each squadron until everyone transitions over to the T-6 (just like they did w/ the GPS upgrade, except it will be completely different procedures, Natops, etc instead of just a different "block" of airplane). I don't know who gets them next, but I would guess VT-2, since 2 comes before 3, but who knows.

I'm glad I'll be gone by then so I don't have to listen to students bitching about both not getting jet grades AND not getting to fly the T-6.

psuSNA06

It's workin, the T-6 is fun to fly. Definitely not going to miss the stand-ups or 12 hour formal release days though.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Dream Weaver, he's in charge of the T-6 transition, stopped by my office last week and said it's not going good with the contractors. Had to do with money, the FITU T-6's might get pushed back from fall of 08.