• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6 at whiting?

Pags

N/A
pilot
All the new -60s will have glass cockpit, and at least the Sierra has VOR and ILS to work with as well. The Romeo, not so much.
That still boggles me that they gave an ILS to the 60S and not the 60R. It's not like the common cockpit won't support it. It must've come down to $$$ (or weight).

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Well one, the COD is faster (top end) than both the T-6 and T-34. It accelerates faster than a T-34C. I doubt it will win a drag race against the T-6. The E-2 accelerates faster than a COD as well. I've seen 320KIAS at low level in the C-2, straight and level.

I was saying that the T-6 is faster than the P-3 and all helos...but hey...:D

zoomie08

Fast, Neat, Average...
Corpus I think has the capability to better operate them, should have gotten them first (IMO of course :))

Why is that?

I heard a rumor that the runways at Corpus and the outlying fields were too short for the T-6. Any truth to that?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Why is that?

I heard a rumor that the runways at Corpus and the outlying fields were too short for the T-6. Any truth to that?

The approach plate for KNGP shows an 8000' and 5000' foot runways, long enough. Not sure about the outlying airfields.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
P-3 can't do 300+ knots?

The NAVAIR restriction limits the -3C to 300 KIAS, all altitudes, GW< 125K...unless you are really setting the coals to her, you won't see it anyway, at least at any respectable altitude. From what I have seen, at altitudes above the teens, normal rated buys you about 275 straight and level.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The NAVAIR restriction limits the -3C to 300 KIAS, all altitudes, GW< 125K...unless you are really setting the coals to her, you won't see it anyway, at least at any respectable altitude. From what I have seen, at altitudes above the teens, normal rated buys you about 275 straight and level.

For VP vice VQ, 300KIAS is still used down low when the situation warrants. Before the restriction (and in other countries), 300+ was/is always an option.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
For VP vice VQ, 300KIAS is still used down low when the situation warrants. Before the restriction (and in other countries), 300+ was/is always an option.

No offense meant of course Zab...just don't get the chance to fly down there much. Point was, a speed demon she ain't.:D

Just out of curiosity, what are you typically setting under 1000 to see 300? Seems like we were at 15 or 16k the other day and had right around 980 set on all 4 to get 280-ish KIAS...

/P-triz threadjack ;)

afdude03

Thanks again for the help. I flew T-37s as my primary, and I would like to fly both the T-34 and T-6. Besides flying in Florida beats flight school in Oklahoma any day.

LivinMyDream

pilot
Just out of curiosity, what are you typically setting under 1000 to see 300? Seems like we were at 15 or 16k the other day and had right around 980 set on all 4 to get 280-ish KIAS...(/P-triz threadjack ;)

I set 940 TIT the other day at 16K with approx. 28K in the tanks and flew 295 to Moses Lake...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

We're splitting hairs anyway....300, 320, 270, it's all kind of slow. It just seems faster when you're flying an aircraft as small as a T-6.