• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6 at whiting?

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
What is the latest time frame for the t-6 at whiting? How is it going to be implemented? last i "heard': launch at north field, recover at south field, helos launch from the pads for all ops.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
launch at north field, recover at south field

Soooo will they be using guys from the pool as valet parkers to take the planes back to N. Field or will every X end with the 20 minute taxi fam back??

What happened to putting in some parallels?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Without any further delays, the first two T-6's arrive in July, followed by two more shortly thereafter. Those will be for the FITU. In Dec 09, 4 T-6's start arriving monthly with the first students starting in March 10. Again, all subject to change. Full length take-off's and landings from N. Field will be utilized. My bud is in charge of the T-6 transition team and I ask about the timeline often. I'm thinking of finishing out my career at TW-5 if I can onboard with the T-6.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Will the T-6's will be painted orange and white, or will they go the way of the TW-6 T-6's?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Like Bert said, orange and white but it creates some problems. The extra cost was pretty big. Then there is no compatiblity between panels without the extra paint job (P-coal T-6's and AF T-6's of course).

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
what was the original reasoning behind not painting the TW-6 T-6s orange and white?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
what was the original reasoning behind not painting the TW-6 T-6s orange and white?

My guess is it all comes down to money. One paint job means less money. I don't quite remember the number quoted to me but I thought it was in the 6 figure range.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
My guess is it all comes down to money. One paint job means less money. I don't quite remember the number quoted to me but I thought it was in the 6 figure range.

What Bunk said: 40k/plane.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Without any further delays, the first two T-6's arrive in July, followed by two more shortly thereafter. Those will be for the FITU. In Dec 09, 4 T-6's start arriving monthly with the first students starting in March 10. Again, all subject to change. Full length take-off's and landings from N. Field will be utilized. My bud is in charge of the T-6 transition team and I ask about the timeline often. I'm thinking of finishing out my career at TW-5 if I can onboard with the T-6.

Is Tatoo still running that or is it your fellow COD buddy now (whose name escapes me at the moment)?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Is Tatoo still running that or is it your fellow COD buddy now (whose name escapes me at the moment)?

My COD bud, Kiko is the man in charge. I call him for all the latest and greatest. Trying to figure out my follow-on GSA orders. Unfortunetly, the information is often prone to change without notice :eek: The T-6B saga continues.

afdude03

Does anyone know the timeline that VT-3 will start flying the T-6. Also - How long will AF pilots stay at VT-3 before they have to PCS. I should be heading down Whiting Field way in about 6 months.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Does anyone know the timeline that VT-3 will start flying the T-6. Also - How long will AF pilots stay at VT-3 before they have to PCS. I should be heading down Whiting Field way in about 6 months.

The Primary sylabus takes about 6 months to complete. Could be more, could be less, depends on the weather. I wouldn't plan on flying the T-6 at all in VT-3 this summer.....look earlier on in this thread.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

You will be flying T-34's. No designated squadron to get the first T-6's. As it sits now (from 2 weeks ago), the first T-6 students to start training will be in Apr of 10. Subject to change of course.