• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45C down at Kingsville today

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I took a little bird square in the windscreen once at night. The spot it made was a little bigger than a softball, mostly yellowish in color, and reminded me of hitting a giant bug on the highway. That same night we found close to a dozen more spots like that on the flaps during postflight.
We did this in a Prowler awhile back. Bird zips by, hear "thump." KIO, RTB, land. Maintenance finds a big splat mark on the jet and no damage.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
The 45 is not the problem as much as the engine.. It can't eat crap and keep on going..

I will put in a plug for the T-56.. Saw a guy hit a FLOCK of birds during FLCPs when I was sitting in the LSO Shack.. I picked 38 off the runway. More than a handful went down the intake.. Engine did not give a shit, kept on running, but with a bad cooked bird smell from the ECS.

Similar story...13 dead seagulls, 2 in one motor....nary an out of line indication. Ran the engine the entire 45 minute transit back to NUW. T-56 is a freight train motor with a prop...

MasterBates

And I'm actually in Indianapolis interviewing with Rolls-Royce to do engineering work on it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

KBayDog

Similar story...13 dead seagulls...

Someone doesn't think this is funny.

mike-score.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I PCS'ed away right before that standdown so I missed the show... but I heard about it from my friends. Weird, and unfortunately there were a lot of other similar weird things back then.

Yeah, weird indeed. I don't know how much interaction Bunk had, but my buddy dealt with "him" quite a bit as the ANI for the Wing. I just don't know how you can wear wings and have to flown to Millington and not be embarrassed.

But moving on...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah, weird indeed. I don't know how much interaction Bunk had, but my buddy dealt with "him" quite a bit as the ANI for the Wing. I just don't know how you can wear wings and have to flown to Millington and not be embarrassed.

But moving on...

Talking about the old boss? He was an embarrassment to the Navy, Naval Aviators and himself. I remember his change of command and retirement, his uniform looked like shit, it didn't fit and his retirement speech was about his best day in the Navy, which had to do with meeting Franco Harris; not about saving lives, taking the fight to the bad guy, his fellow sailors, etc. He holds the trophy as being the worst leader I've ever come across in the Navy. I can't believe he wore wings of gold and the Navy allowed him to command anything. He couldn't lead children to the bathroom :rolleyes: